Setup for the mx track

BnShEsP986

I have a 1998 banshee it has gnarly pipes with powercore 2 mufflers,wiseco pistons im not sure what compression ratio,uni filter airfilter thats does not use an airbox,jetting,for the tires its has holeshot xcr front and powersports bandits in the rear and i was wondering what is there that i can do except for the front suspension because im ordering an alba pro comp suspension kit with elkas and so is there anything i can do to set it up better and my budget is kinda tight

17600005860.jpg

thats what the rear looks like and what kind of swingarm do you reccomend like function and cost wise also would new sprockets help out for holeshots and pulling out of corners.o and i forgot to add i already have nerfs and a teather kill switch

Edited by BnShEsP986

i would lose the bandits and get some 18 in mxr holeshots or some 18 in kenda klaws... them bandits are way to heavy for a mx track and to tall you want a short tire to get up to speed fast cus you not gonna have very long straight runs... but you said the trck is sandy you might wanna get some 18 in knarlys.. as fpr the shorter swing are it moves the weight back to the back cus you motor is now closer to the rear tires this will give you better traction... and should help with cornering cus you now have a short wheelbase...

It's gonna take more than just a deep pocket to make a 'shee competitive on a track.... You have to be a damn good rider if you ever plan on making it outa the amateur B class. Running a 380lb machine with the geometry of a M1 tank against the new 450's isn't a easy task by no means...

Mike

• 7 months later...

Hey tx,

You are totally right! No doubt! The new gen 450's are the king of the MX world. I just want to say that yes... with very deep pockets... AND, a knowledge of bike set-up (Not what pipe or shocks to run but geometry and intricate supension settings)... AND, being in amazing physical shape, one is able to be very competative on an old school YFZ. The old two strokes beat up a rider bad, you spend more time trying to tame the power out on the track than trying to make it in the garage. Here is my winning Banshee. It cost mega to build and requires one strong rider. But, with enough cash, dedication, gym and track time... it is possible!

yamaha-banshee-00-bikepics-471131.jpg

yamaha-banshee-00-bikepics-471142.jpg

yamaha-banshee-00-bikepics-471127.jpg

yamaha-banshee-00-bikepics-471137.jpg

yamaha-banshee-00-bikepics-471147.jpg

yamaha-banshee-00-bikepics-471156.jpg

Hey tx,

You are totally right! No doubt! The new gen 450's are the king of the MX world. I just want to say that yes... with very deep pockets... AND, a knowledge of bike set-up (Not what pipe or shocks to run but geometry and intricate supension settings)... AND, being in amazing physical shape, one is able to be very competative on an old school YFZ. The old two strokes beat up a rider bad, you spend more time trying to tame the power out on the track than trying to make it in the garage. Here is my winning Banshee. It cost mega to build and requires one strong rider. But, with enough cash, dedication, gym and track time... it is possible!

466137[/snapback]

Awesome machine! :drool: Do you have time to list what mods you have done to it ?. I want mine to be something similar.. :)

Hey man,

Here is a list, I'm sure I'll forget something...

Elka quad rate fronts rebound and compression

Elka dual rate rear

Janssen long travel A-arms

Hiper carbon fiber bead lock's

ITP MXR4's 20x6X10 - 18X10X9

Denton steering stabilizer

Galfer brake lines font and rear

Moose racing brake lever

Moose racing throtle (not pictured, new)

Roll Design brake pedal (race)

Roll Design shift lever (race)

ASV clutch lever

Acerbis hand guards

Tag bars

Motion Pro tether

Tag metal risers

RIS Design front bumper

Aluminum grill

Carbon fiber tank guard

RIS gas cap

Modquad breather

Custom built key under seat

Custom light switch uder seat

Pro design air filter adapter

UNI filter

Air box lid on

Jetted

Trinity stainless steel pipes

Trinity aluminum silencers

Trinity cool head

Stock cylinders

Mild porting

Carbon fiber dual stage reeds

Duncan gripper seat cover

Durablue +4 axle

Renthal chain

15/41 gears

AC Race Pro peg nerfs (1inch lower 2inches back)

Pivot works bearing set for rear end

UM performance skid plate

Alba rear brake block of plate

RIS pipe hangers

Chozen oil dip stick

case saver

Modquad Stator cover

Modquad case insert

Modquad water pump cover

Chozen brake resevoir cover

Chozen master cover

I think that's about it...

I have two parts on order, a set of Fasst flex bars and a Roll anti-vibe stem

This should really help cut down of the fatigue, I'm 6 foot so the hight will help too.

• 3 weeks later...