Advice

M-Marc

Yes, NOS is easy and cheap.

No, NOS is not reliable at all.

The kid probably didn't want the porting cause it affects the reliability, Porting is going to be like a mile swim on a person where NOS is like a full blown triathalon.

Just like the guys out here in the west on sleds (ALTICITY) they throw Boondocker fogging systems on their sled abuse the shit out of it on Mt. Jefferson and up Indian Crick and next year get a brand new sled, sell the old sled to a "fast and furiouser" who in a couple of weeks is rebuilding it. I'm not saying NOS is bad it just depends how deep your pockets are or who your sponsers are.

Yea out here at St. Anthony's there are a lot of people on nitrous, but they in turn get new wheelers every year or fully rebuild them every year.

(the 3 TRX's, theres like 4 YFZ's and I havn't seen a banshee on bottle yet)

yes ill def agree for a bolt on NOS will get you most power possible..i reallywanna run NOS. i might talk to GT performance about it. anything special u have to do??

380592[/snapback]

I do not know who GT performance is. my suggestion is to get a nitrous system that is designed for a small motor instead of a nos system or nitrous extress system that is designed for a car. when you get serious, let me know and i will send you photographs and names of the dealers around my area and the different choices you have for systems designed specifically for 4-wheelers and snowmobiles.

i ran a nos (brand name) system last year and even though it was easy to tune, it just did not make a good combination for the size of the motor and what i was trying to accomplish. i switched back to the system that i had used prior and it worked a lot better.

Yes, NOS is easy and cheap.

No, NOS is not reliable at all.

The kid probably didn't want the porting cause it affects the reliability, Porting is going to be like a mile swim on a person where NOS is like a full blown triathalon.

Just like the guys out here in the west on sleds (ALTICITY) they throw Boondocker fogging systems on their sled abuse the shit out of it on Mt. Jefferson and up Indian Crick and next year get a brand new sled, sell the old sled to a "fast and furiouser" who in a couple of weeks is rebuilding it. I'm not saying NOS is bad it just depends how deep your pockets are or who your sponsers are.

Yea out here at St. Anthony's there are a lot of people on nitrous, but they in turn get new wheelers every year or fully rebuild them every year.

(the 3 TRX's, theres like 4 YFZ's and I havn't seen a banshee on bottle yet)

380609[/snapback]

i don't know what you mean by "unreliable." everybody's brother's cousin's roommate's friend knew a guy who had a postman who was once bitten by a dog whose owner had a sister with a boyfriend that had trouble with nos once. first-hand experience, please. i've heard all the stories. my sled has run for three years on nos without a problem. every time i have ridden at st. anthony's, i have ended up riding in a pack of banshees running on nos. i'm sure you have been there more often than i, being so close to it, you probably just don't know where to find a nos bottle on a banshee, they can often be kind of hidden, or just coincidentally there aren't any banshees on nos around when you're there. i have never seen a case where nitrous has caused premature wear, but i have seen and had my own experience with operator error and blowing the shit out of your motor, but that was all human error, the nitrous was doing exactly what it was supposed to be doing. all these people buying totally new machines or constantly rebuilding them, i don't understand what that has to do with nos at all.

i don't know what you mean by "unreliable."  everybody's brother's cousin's roommate's friend knew a guy who had a postman who was once bitten by a dog whose owner had a sister with a boyfriend that had trouble with nos once.  first-hand experience, please.  i've heard all the stories.  my sled has run for three years on nos without a problem.  every time i have ridden at st. anthony's, i have ended up riding in a pack of banshees running on nos.  i'm sure you have been there more often than i, being so close to it, you probably just don't know where to find a nos bottle on a banshee, they can often be kind of hidden, or just coincidentally there aren't any banshees on nos around when you're there.  i have never seen a case where nitrous has caused premature wear, but i have seen and had my own experience with operator error and blowing the shit out of your motor, but that was all human error, the nitrous was doing exactly what it was supposed to be doing.  all these people buying totally new machines or constantly rebuilding them, i don't understand what that has to do with nos at all.

380635[/snapback]

Hey Iknow first hand. I almost bought a predator with nitrous on it. Took it out to the dunes rode it for a minute then without ever using the nitrous the cam somehow pretty much blew up causing the motor to seize halfway to choke. Yes i do agree that a lot of the problem with nos is rider error but still I wouldn't put it on anything unless it was strictly drag not riding around with friends type of riding. Wayfst do you by any chance know Eric Lords. He has a banshee that the actual boondocker guys were putting nitrous on he told them to stop they asked for three more tries to get it dialed in well the 2nd try they sent a rod through the jug on his cheetah motor. Not pretty. NOS isn't the devil its just not healthy for a motor no mod is. Like putting pipes on the motor is suppose to decrease the life expectancy.just my .02

Hey Iknow first hand. I almost bought a predator with nitrous on it. Took it out to the dunes rode it for a minute then without ever using the nitrous the cam somehow pretty much blew up causing the motor to seize halfway to choke. Yes i do agree that a lot of the problem with nos is rider error but still I wouldn't put it on anything unless it was strictly drag not riding around with friends type of riding. Wayfst do you by any chance know Eric Lords. He has a banshee that the actual boondocker guys were putting nitrous on he told them to stop they asked for three more tries to get it dialed in well the 2nd try they sent a rod through the jug on his cheetah motor. Not pretty. NOS isn't the devil its just not healthy for a motor no mod is. Like putting pipes on the motor is suppose to decrease the life expectancy.just my .02

380742[/snapback]

from what you just typed, I am going to try not to beat up on you too badly. just because a bike has a nitrous system bolted onto it does not automatically make it to blame for every mechanical failure that the bike experiences. i cannot see what a broken cam has to do with the nitrous system. there are a lot of other things that would break way before that cam would due to the use of nitrous. no, i do not know one Eric Lords, however, i do not think i would let anyone from boondocker mess with mine either. i've spent a lot of time on the phone with them and in their shop as well. we have taken bikes up there, NOT mine, and i was thoroughly unimpressed--just because they can design it, does not mean they can make it work. we did lose one motor under boondocker's watch, and Rocky, the owner, helped pay for the damages. i don't know about you, but i don't ride my bike to increase the life expectancy. every time you start it, you shorten its life. i am not trying to be rude, dude, but that's my 2 cents. we're done.

380742[/snapback]

Thats the silliest thing I've ever herd!