gas mileage sucks

Hey last weekend I got a chance for the first time to ride my shee on some long trails. I used a full tank plus the reserve to make it about 23 miles. and I was going slow enough to let someone on a 230 timberwolf keep up. Right when I got to the end of the trip I fouled a plug. Then we gassed up and did it all over again and I got the same results. Had to switch to reserve about 4 miles before we hit the truck. I figure thats about 46 miles on two tanks of fuel. That 230 timberwolf used about a gallon and a half. I'm not leaking fuel and my jetting couldn't be that far off could it.Even if I was on the rich side could I use this much fuel. Has any one else taken a good look at their fuel useage. I really thought that cv 33 would give me good mileage. I'm running a 45 pilot 170 main with the clip in the center position of the needle.

O MY GOD!!! I thought that I was the only one that noticed about Banshee's being gas hogs. I owned 2 in my life and both of them would empty my 5 gallon can in one weekend (only a few hours a day). I asked other people if they had that problem and they said NO. HAHA...finally I find somebody else with a gas hog problem. I dont know if thats normal or if theres something wrong with it. But hey, if you find out theres something wrong with yours...let me know because i probably have the same problem.

civic shmivick. I'm concerned because 23 miles is the shortest leg on the trail system I ride. It's not like I can just pull over and fill up anywhere out there. And this seems crazy excessive for fuel useage. I'm gettin like 4-5 miles to a gallon for a vehicle that weighs 600 lbs with my fat ass on it. I think it should get at least twice that. How many hours is jeepman riding his to use a tank in a day. I can empty mine for about an hour and a half and empty itwith just moderate throttle settings. Thats way to much.

Edited by cgamla

We have a timber about a mile from my house that we ride in and it varies from full throttle hill shooting to just putting along the trails. I haven't really checked it that close but I could ride 4 hours and be around half a tank.

my buddy had a stock she with fmf fattys and a 33pwk trinity 2-1 intake and that thing drank fuel fast as hell ,even compared to my dual 30 pwks witha dune port/rockets and on leaded airplane fuel :blink:

I'm running the 33 pwk Trinity CV setup and get about the same milage. Last trip in the woods I did 21 miles and was about half way into the reserve when I got back. If I'm riding hard in the sand I can go through the whole thing in two hours. :shrugani:

That is what the topic is on....2 in 1 carb sucking gas. You can always put your airbox lid back on...if its off.

378464[/snapback]

got me confused when he said cv 33, i usualy see 2 in 1. a bigger tank would help out because banshees suck alot of gas, and the stock tank is just a joke. i would suggest either a 4 or 5 gal ims.