YFZ450

What up guys! I am thinking of getting a 2004 yfz450 for my girlfriend. The plastic is trashed. The bike is 100% stock. Its owned by a little rich kid who has more $ than he knows what to do with. He will sell it to me for $4500.00 What do you guys think? Good deal or what?

What up guys!  I am thinking of getting a 2004 yfz450 for my girlfriend.  The plastic is trashed.  The bike is 100% stock.  Its owned by a little rich kid who has more $ than he knows what to do with.  He will sell it to me for $4500.00  What do you guys think?  Good deal or what?

376792[/snapback]

I would imagine if the plastics are trashed, there are other things wrong with it....he probably never changed the oil, cleaned the filter, etc...If you look hard enough you could probably find another one for a similar price in better shape. Just my opinion :shrugani:

Word, if the plastics are trashed the bike has been rolled a few times!!! Lord only knows if the frame is tweaked :confused:

I would imagine if the plastics are trashed, there are other things wrong with it....he probably never changed the oil, cleaned the filter, etc...If you look hard enough you could probably find another one for a similar price in better shape. Just my opinion :shrugani:

376794[/snapback]

The frame is in perfect condition. I looked over it thoroughly, no cracks or bends. The only damage are the scratches on the plastic and scratches on the clutch cover. It mainly looks like they were not careful getting on and off of the bike. (mostly just the rear fenders) I let the bike warm up and rode it for a minute. It ran great.

When I think of "trashed" I don't think of just scratches from getting on and off.  If that's all, I think it's a good deal IMO.

376809[/snapback]

Yea, its just the plastic and the clutch cover that are scratched. I am going to get the bike monday! :D It just needs a little maintenance, cleaning, some intake and exhaust and it will be running strong!

Yea, its just the plastic and the clutch cover that are scratched.  I am going to get the bike monday! :D  It just needs a little maintenance, cleaning, some intake and exhaust and it will be running strong!

377151[/snapback]

If it is in good mechanical condition, then yes it is a good deal. Like mentioned earlier, it would be 2grand more to get one off the show room floor when you could drop an extra 3-500 and get new plastic if you wanted and still be way ahead.

Just my 2 cents......

RJV

If it is in good mechanical condition, then yes it is a good deal.  Like mentioned earlier, it would be 2grand more to get one off the show room floor when you could drop an extra 3-500 and get new plastic if you wanted and still be way ahead. 

Just my 2 cents......

RJV

377617[/snapback]

Hell ya! The way I look at it is- I'll get new plastic eventually. But in the meantime I do all of the necessity things- exhuast, intake, cams, etc. Rather than spending the extra 2g's, I'll use it on mods :headbang:

Now that's what I like to hear! :headbang:  :clap:  Function before form.  Kick ass and then make it pretty. :D

377967[/snapback]

Word'! Like I always say, if the bike looks good and is bling bling, you better be able to back up the bling bling on the hill!