Frame mods

I ride mostly trails but like to keep a few tricks up my sleeve when people do call me out to race. I know that I have hear of people cutting off tabs on their banshee. What tabs could I possibly cut off or anything else take off that would really help me save some weight. I still want a good stirdy frame of course though.

Well for one you can take off your head light's and tail light's and cut off and remove the bracket's for them, i had a buddie that did that and also removed all the stuff for just his front brake's, his bike is pretty light, i also know a company here in utah made a ultra light racing kit for the banshee, where they pretty much build you a new frame just with smaller metal,

All of the airbox tabs, the air box itself, the steel floorboards, the bumper, the stock pipe tabs, the swing arm skid plate, the heavy stock steel wheels, Headlights and headlight tabs, the steel grab bar, the steel footpegs, all the plastics and plastic mounting tabs, front brake system,.....the list is endless. Of course some of what you take off must be replaced with lighter aluminum pieces.

Weight shaving is a great way to get outta the hole a hellofa lot faster.

How far do you want to take it is the only limiting factor.

Sand freaks usually follow this minimalist vein of the Banshee culture.

You see stuff at Glamis that is little more than a frame and engine screaming up sand mountains at well over 100mph. It's sick.

You also see shaved down Banshees with 300 pound riders. :shrugani:

dont all banshees come stocl with aluminum wheels or just the LE versions because mine came with aluminum wheels stock.

375238[/snapback]

Your right, they come with heavy ass aluminum alloy wheels. Ditch 'em for some blue labels.