breaking up in the mid to high end

I think I have my jetting close my plug is looking good tanish brown after each ride, the problem is, when I come into the mid range and try to rev through the high end my bike starts breaking up and studering. is this a jetting problem or is my ignition taking a $h1t? also when I rev 5th and 6th gear out and let off it bogs when I get back into the gas, I have to dwn shift and rev the crap out of it to get back into the power band, will bigger carbs fix this ??

Are you at WOT?

373652[/snapback]

when it brakes up yes, but when I come off the gas and let the rrrs die off alittle I have to clutch it back into the power band or I have to down shift a gear moving the needle seemed to help alittle but not that much, do I need bigger carbs to solve this??

when it brakes up yes, but when I come off the gas and let the rrrs die off alittle I have to clutch it back into the power band or I have to down shift a gear moving the needle seemed to help alittle but not that much, do I need bigger carbs to solve this??

373732[/snapback]

I would try to richen your main another size. If the carbs are tuned correctly, it shouldn't do this.

If you can't solve it with jetting check your ignition.  I just went through the same problem, turned out to be a bad spark plug boot  banghead

374012[/snapback]

I have had a problem with the little nut on top of the spark plug rattling lose but I took both of them off and lock tighted them, would this cause my problem??

where is everyone running there spark plug gap at? I pulled my plugs and checked them and they where at .045 so I moved them into .024 and it helped with the breaking up, but it is still there slightly

375921[/snapback]

Try running your plugs at .018" - .022". This can make a huge difference in top end performance in some cases.