87 tecate 4?

i know a guy who has had a 87 tecate 4 in his backyard for 2 years and is sick of looking at it. the motor has been in his grage w/ brand new cly. and stn. bore pistion,new tranny and bearings in the motor. the plastic is in decent shape and not all is there. all new bearing in the front and rear end. new carb. new flywheel, needs stator and pipe and silencer. said he would take 400 tomorrow. he has so many other projects going on ahs no time. he drag races a banshee,2 blaters,and a quadracer 250. so worth 400 bucks or no? will it be hard to find parts? also it needs a new back shock.

personally i would jump on it, 400 doesnt seem bad, and yeah, parts are a little scarce, but thats part of the fun, they are a rare and dying breed, you never see tecates anymore, they look good, and from what i hear, they were the fastest of the 250's back then...

personally i would jump on it, 400 doesnt seem bad, and yeah, parts are a little scarce, but thats part of the fun, they are a rare and dying breed, you never see tecates anymore, they look good, and from what i hear, they were the fastest of the 250's back then...

373086[/snapback]

hes right ,but all the plastic is a bitch to find . do it before you miss the boat!really nice t4's on fleabay sell for 2500-3000$

Yes buy it. Just check to make sure the frame and everything is in good shape. I have bought three tecates within the last 4 months and they are great bikes. I paid 400 for mine and it had been in the back of a field for 10 years just rusting away. Dont worry about parts or engine parts or anything. I can get you whatever you want. I have the hook up on tecates. I am about to start drag racing mine so if you will just do a search under my name and look for my posts with my tecates on it. Just contact me if you are serious about getting it and I will be glad to help you out.

I have an 87 and while they don't fetch a great price on ebay (usually 1900ish) the parts alone are well worth $400., the engine should bring that. I would try and get it running good and drive the crap out of it. I don't like the ride of mine compaired to my Banshee, but the low end power and narrow chasis is definately fun in the trails. Mine has a pipe and reeds and it will beat a stock Banshee. I know...who owns a stock banshee, but just to give you an idea of the power. Mine came modified so I don't how it ran with the stock pipe. I really enjoy mine and the KX engine is a sturdy motor that has been in production forever in one form or another.

Edited by Iexpedite1