Pt Mid Questions

decon

well i did some searching about pt mids on the forum because i'm really interested in the pipe for when i get a banshee (hopefully this year). had a couple of questions hopefully people with them could answer. can you run stock silencers on them? i was thinking about buying just the pipes chromed, and getting silencers later, save a couple bucks. how's the top end? about what rpm do they rev out? is it possible to get them to rev out higher with some mods or specific porting (woods,mx,dune)?

and a question for the pt high revs. i know they only slightly alter the curve and rev out a tad higher, but do they maintain the same torque as the mids and power for the woods?

Edit/ also do these pipes work good with a +4 stroker or a 12 port stroker

Edited by dEcon

PT mids have great low end and mid-range, but the top end is not there....hence the name of the pipe. I would say the power starts dropping off between 6-7000 rpm's, respectively. If I were you, I'd go ahead and buy the whole set (head pipes and silencers) off ebay or something. You won't save much money at all by just buying the head pipes, they are the most expensive part of buying pipes. Here in the very near future I'll be selling my PT mids and I'll sell them for a fair price. They are chrome and have polished FMF silencers on them...I just have to wait until I get my other pipes in before I can sell these.

I think fixitrod ran PT mids on a stroker engine, he may be able to give you more insight on the pipes. :cheers:

i like that response :) .how was the power up top with the mids. how were the high revs with the motor, power down low? would you prefer mids or the high revs with the motor. how much was the port job alone?

Edited by dEcon

With my patriot 4mill mx port.I've tried pt mids,pt revs,t3's,+t5's.The mids worked best on the botton through the mid but fell off way to soon for my style.The t5's pulled the hardest+longest up top(over rev).The rev's are allmost the best of both worlds,they come on sooner+have a much smoother or linear power,band than the toomey's,but sign off a little earlyer.

thanks for the info guys. i think ill go with the mids, and when i go stroker, some high revs. anyone know how the torque is with the high revs on a stock motor?

373951[/snapback]

The high revs are supposed to have the same aspects as the mids do but with a little more top end pull. :cheers:

I dont want to sound like a a$$ but PT mids are not what you want if you are going to start mods on a shee.

375631[/snapback]

The Paul Turners work great on a banshee, mods or no mods. With mods, they even work better. That is, they work great for what they're designed to do. They fit a certain type of riding style. If you ride under those conditions, they're great. They'll still handle other areas. If you ride mostly trails / woods, they're great and then want to go dune for the weekend, they'll work pretty good.

T5's are great pipes, but in the right conditions as well. You put them out of the element for which they were designed and they're not so great.

I, to, have tried a lot of different pipes. Although, I've just put on a set of T5's to try for the first time. I will say, they lack more bottom end than I anticipated, but I still have some jetting to do and that might fix the bottom end some.

Paul Turners have killer torque and midrange, especially when coupled with a woods port. I geared up to a 16/41 with my woods port and PT's and had unreal low end pull and it was very smooth all the way up, although they cut off a little earlier than most pipes. That's why most banshee peeps don't like them, they think of banshee riding with shearer-like topend.

Anyways, there's my input FWIW. :shrugani:

Scott