1/8th mile dragstrip

race-a-holic

I took my banshee to the dragstrip today.Leaned the jetting down a little since the first time I took it.The first pass,it run a 8.56.It was spinning the tires to at least 1/2 track.Smoked a mustang in the process.The second pass,I slipped the clutch to try to get it to hook up.It did.It was pulling very hard.When shifting to third as I opened my hand to pull the clutch lever(this might sound crazy) I couldn't reach it.Had to let out of it for a moment.It still run an 8.64.On that pass I broke one of the wheels off of my wheelie bar.Not bent it a little,BROKE IT OFF! Had a good time.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my banshee to the dragstrip today.Leaned the jetting down a little since the first time I took it.The first pass,it run a 8.56.It was spinning the tires to at least 1/2 track.Smoked a mustang in the process.The second pass,I slipped the clutch to try to get it to hook up.It did.It was pulling very hard.When shifting to third as I opened my hand to pull the clutch lever(this might sound crazy) I couldn't reach it.Had to let out of it for a moment.It still run an 8.64.On that pass I broke one of the wheels off of my wheelie bar.Not bent it a little,BROKE IT OFF! Had a good time.

372619[/snapback]

What kind of tires were you running? You should be running better than that. My cousin broke a wheel one time, they almost kicked him off the track :D

Where did you go? George Rays, he dont like for you to wheelie any.

372687[/snapback]

Bad company,you're right.If it will hook up I think high 7's is possible.I was using stock banshee tires because right now I can't afford better tires.

There was a guy at the track that wanted to know when I was going to be back out there.He said he had a 450R.He wanted to race me.I think we all know how that race will turn out.I think he knew he couldn't beat me.He didn't seem like one of those guys that think they are unbeatable.I say that because only banshee riders have that right to think that way.

Yeah...I hear that.

I ride with 3 guys on the 450Rs. The one I ride with the most pretty much has given up on drag racing me. I spanked him 4 out of 4 times Friday, we drag about 300 feet.

He even holeshotted me once, and I ran his ass down and passed.

He admits that when it comes to drags...you can't beat a banshee mod for mod.

However, if he could ride better, and lost some weight, he could easily rip the decals off the fenders in tight trails....

I have no problem admitting that...

Good job on smoking the honda.Sure they might be better in trails.You're right.A honda will more than likely beat me through the trails,but he better hope we don't reach a straight away.He might like it though.I'm sure they like the taste of dust by now.

I would be scared to wheelie a car at George Ray's :( . If you loose control there isn't much to keep you on track.

I didn't know you could run ATV's there. Let me know also if you can. I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn Benton, MO track won't be open this year so I built my bike for asphalt for nothing. Benton is 20 minutes away and that is where I planned on running. From what I saw the time I was down at George's, he let everything else with a motor run so I don't know why he would be against ATV's.

I DIDN'T GEORGE LET 4 WHEELERS RUN UP THERE!!! I WANT TO RUN MINE THERE BUT FRIENDS TOLD ME HE SAID" NO MORE 4 WHEELERS ARE GOING DOWN HIS TRACK".  LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!

373061[/snapback]

Is that you skip, Have you ran any this year, I know you said you were probaby going to a drag frame have you. Whats your fastest time this year? Lance finally got his ESR motor running, its desent but not impressed.

P.S How much do you want for your car?

You guys are partially right.He will let you run during time trials,but not during actual races.I wish he would make a class for us,but don't hold your breath.Please,if you go bring a wheelie bar.They really freak out if you pop a wheelie.I don't know if some moron got thrown off of one out there or what.Also at least bring a helmet.At first they said no.I've been out there twice this year,and no one said anything AFTER they found out I had a wheelie bar.

I think they should be more concerned with the crotch rockets.Not that they should ban them,just they are faster than most atv's.One time when I took the banshee,I was told by two different people that I had better not pull a wheelie.Hey,I don't want it on top of me either.I don't think it will be a problem as long as no gets crazy out there,and you got a helmet and a wheelie bar.Remember,It only takes one idiot to ruin it for all of us.

wheres this place located?

373084[/snapback]

It's located in Paragould,Ar.In the northeast corner of Arkansas.It cost 7 dollars to get in.It's nothing fancy,but it is a place to race.They only tell your E.T.I'm hoping to make it to the Newport dragstrip sometime this year.They will tell your E.T.,reaction time,60 ft.,and maybe your mph.I'm going to St.Joe this weekend,but let me know if you want to go to georges sometime.Any of you going to St.Joe also.There's some fast bikes there.

Is that you skip, Have you ran any this year, I know you said you were probaby going to a drag frame have you. Whats your fastest time this year? Lance finally got his ESR motor running, its desent but not impressed.

P.S How much do you want for your car?

373168[/snapback]

Hey superbanshee,that sounds like skip.Well I guess I won't be the fastest anymore at the dragstrip,but I can live with that.Might not be the fastest,but hopefully I won't be the slowest.Would any of you have a better set of tires for drags than my stock banshee tires?

Bad company,you're right.If it will hook up I think high 7's is possible.I was using stock banshee tires because right now I can't afford better tires.

There was a guy at the track that wanted to know when I was going to be back out there.He said he had a 450R.He wanted to race me.I think we all know how that race will turn out.I think he knew he couldn't beat me.He didn't seem like one of those guys that think they are unbeatable.I say that because only banshee riders have that right to think that way.

372691[/snapback]

I don't think i'd start waving the checkerd flag too soon......my buddy has a 450r with a cam pipe and intake and he is running LOW 8's......consistantly around 8.30

ofcourse his is struted with slicks.......but he was spanking my ass all night on my yfz because i spun past the 330' mark....

one of the other guys that went up there with me broke the track record friday night......6.89@94.243mph

and a 1.5437 60'

he is sitting about 3" off the ground with a +8 swinger and american racer rears

that K&T motor pulls......he still wheelied for about 15'