Silencer Upgrade

i have toomey T-5 pipes and want to know if you could take out the perferated tube (the one with all the holes) and put one in that didnt have any holes. i like it when my banshee is loud, but i am also getting tired of repacking. if i did change the tube would i loose any performance?

thanks

Yes, it will hurt performance.

Yes, it will be louder.

No, it's not a good idea.

It's less than 30 bucks for packing...how often do you have to repack them?

The packing "deadens" the sound. It gets that sound from the holes.

You've head bikes/cars with straight pipes, right?

Unless you drag in an approved area, not bothering anyone...don't ruin it for us other guys...

Loud pipes just for the sake of being loud doesn't make cent$.

But...like I said...if you just drag or ride in areas where NO ONE will complain, etc., all for it....

I don't know how much it would or wouldn't hurt performance, but don't waste the time. It surely will not help one bit, and that's a promise. It's a stupid idea, it'll be too loud, too obnoxious and do nothing but irritate people. If you ride in an area where there's not a lot of people, or drag, or don't give a f, then go for it. :cheers:

i agree, you dont want to hurt the atv reputation more then it already is. it is not a very good idea but it will not hurt your performance, you can run banshees without silencers at all, as long as you still have the pipe on, your bike will be fine. the silencers are only made for what it says, to silence the noise.

Dunno about that...

The pipe in question is designed to have a certain amount of back pressure...which, the silencer provides.

Like Sred said...it may not decrease performance...it certainly will not help, though.

However...true drag pipes are just that. Pipes with NO silencers.

Regardless...we all agree...don't give the ATV community a black eye just to be loud and/or save a buck on packing them.

I give up...

Go to the hardware store...get some fence post, cut the ends and just bend that around the foot pegs. Then you'll have drag pipes.

Everyone here is telling you to leave the silencers the way they are, you're not listening.

I find it very hard to believe that if you ride in an area that needs spark arrestors, they don't have some kind of decibel limit, as well...

Spend 30 bucks, get the repack kit from Toomey...and be done with it. I'd bet you could get at least 2 years out of the packing, if you rode just about every weekend...If you can't afford 30 bucks every two years for your shee...get a 4 stroke.

:shootself: