Clutch

AnthonyG213

Im not sure if i need a new clutch. When i drag racei rev my bike in second and it moves.

My bike is an 03 do i need new springs or a clutch

What do u guys think?

Im thinking of the F.A.S.T clutch kit.

What is the difficulty in installing a clutch? I have a clymers. Any apecial tools?

thanks.

Im not sure if i need a new clutch. When i drag racei rev my bike in second and it moves.

My bike is an 03 do i need new springs or a clutch

What do u guys think?

Im thinking of the F.A.S.T clutch kit.

What is the difficulty in installing a clutch? I have a clymers. Any apecial tools?

thanks.

369659[/snapback]

yea sounds to me like your clutch is about toast. you might be able to adjust it some and get it to quit lurching but its only a matter of time before its gone for good. the FAST clutch kit is worth every penny and comes with steels, fibers and springs. i would give jeff @ FAST a call. clutch is no big deal to install. no special tools needed. you will need a new clutch cover gasket tho which jeff can prolly send you or you can get one at the stealership...

You're slipping....Loco... :D

Don't forget to inspect your inner/outer hubs and your clutch basket, too when you have it off.

I'm a FAST clutch fan now...for 5 bucks more than a barnett or ebc clutch, I know I got a great deal.

This is my suggestion...unless you have a ported, piped screaming (60HP plus) motor, I'd put 3 stock springs in, 3 HD springs in. FAST kit comes w/ 6 HD springs.

Even with a brand new clutch cable and EZ Lever...it was a little much for my piped shee below. 3/3 was the perfect mix.

Once I get mine freshened up on top and ported, I'll go back to 6HD springs....:)

:headbang:

I just installed my FAST clutch a couple nights ago and man what a difference a HD clutch makes. Honestly, I didn't think the 6 HD springs were all that bad, although its a big difference from the 6 stockers. Agreed, if you don't have a lot of HP, i'd recommend going the 3/3 route. Make sure you check your inner/outer hubs and basket, if those are worn bad it will only wear your plates faster. I got the whole package, excluding the basket for a couple bills.

Also, if you call Jeff, ask him about the shift spring mod...... It's a good one :dance:

Good luck...

how do u know if the inner/outer hubs and basket are wasted. I got an 03 that i bought new so im guessing they might be alright. and i am getting 3stock and 3 hd springs

371596[/snapback]

its really hard to explain without having the parts there or pictures. if its a 2003 your prolly ok but they can actually wear pretty quick. do you have someone around there that can help you to see if they are worn? if your bike had been ridden hard it is very possible for your parts to be worn...