StreetBikes...

I read in a sport rider this month that the 636 was the winner in quickenss but the cbr 600rr was nipping at it's heels. The reviewer said the honda was the better bike in long run. I was under the impression that the busa was the fastest production bike out there now. I think I will stick with my tl1000s.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive riddin all of them except for the gsx r and personally as much as I hate kawi and Honda it would be one of those...the new kawi in particular then the honda are deffinately the fastest but if you want all around I would say the honda or yamaha and the gsxr is the slowest of the 600's at least thats what the mags say and I love suzuki personally but the mags say its slower than the others...but then suzuki always manages to pull a trick card out and Im guessin there gonna do that next year.

just read in our national bike paper a track test they carried out for the top 13 bikes with some world class riders round the Valencia circuit in Spain. heres what they thought!

supersport (600 class)

1st zx6r

2nd R6

3rd CBR rr

4th gsxr

superbikes (1000's)

1st zx10r

2nd R1

3rd gsxr

4th MV-Augusta F4

5th fireblade

maxisports (750 fours and 1000 twins)

1st duke 999s

2nd aprillia rsvr factory

3rd gsxr 750

overall out of all the bikes tested they thought the ZX-10R was best, then the Ducati 999S, then the ZX-6R.

BUT!!!!.....remember this was a track test and NOT a road test so its a test of performance rather than rideability

edit: forgot to add all the bikes were stock and fitted with Michelin's power race tyres and run on standard 95 pump gas. the manufacturers were invited to spend a day on suspension set-up to suit the riders and track at the test session. after the set-up the bikes were dyno'd to make sure no sly factory parts were added for performance gain :ph34r: the scoring is hard to explain but basically they all have a quick rag on th bikes and scores each bike sorta thing...

stu

Edited by stu

It's really hard to pick which is the better bike out of a magazine. For instance, take Dirt Wheels into consideration. Yamaha has bought in to Dirt Wheels, so you notice there isnt a bad thing said about Yamaha quads. Im sure it's the same senerio for sport bike magazines. Money talks....I love my Gixxer. I wouldnt have anything else, unless it was a Gixxer 1000. I just like the way mine feels compared to the other 600's. It may not be the fastest out of the class, but unless you are a super racer freak, ur not gonna notice that much of a difference from street riding. My next choice would prolly be the 636. And then the F4i. Your best bet is to ride all of them if you can. And which ever one feels the best to you, then go for it.

totally Stephen thats the point of a bike. get one that you feel suited too, id go for the Triumph Daytona 650 if I could afford it just because i like the feel of it when riding and the handling is bang on. and it looks fuckin amazing

its not the fastest but its not all about speed, i like the twistys

stu

The new 636's look great and HP is in the high 120's, 10HP more than last year. I still like the 600RR better though.

F4i's aren't that fast. I can't remember what year your GSX-R is stclark, but something is wrong if it is '02 or newer and loosing to an F4.

Personally, I love my 1000RR. The liter bikes are not for everyone! Unless you have rode various sizes (and rode them hard) you don't properly realize this. It is nothing for my 1000RR to lift the front tire coming out of a turn at 90+MPH. Slightly too much throttle will break the back tire loose at 95 in turns. It will stand up at 110MPH if you pull on the throttle at the top of a hill. These bikes require more throttle and break control than a 600. Up to 100MPH, a 600 will be just as fast as a liter bike. In twisties, most riders will be faster on a 600 because they turn in faster and are easier to control. The heavy recipocating weight of the liter bikes plays a big role in cornering and turning in. 95% of liter bike riders (me included) can never ride the bike to its full potential. Most riders will never find the full potential of a 600.

The new 636's look great and HP is in the high 120's, 10HP more than last year.  I still like the 600RR better though.

F4i's aren't that fast.  I can't remember what year your GSX-R is stclark, but something is wrong if it is '02 or newer and loosing to an F4.

368909[/snapback]

Mine is an 02'.. Ive never drag raced anyone with it. Just when I rode my bros F4I and rode mine, his felt a little more snappy. But, Ive never raced him before. The 600RRs have like 20 more HP than the F4I's. The RR's have a different type of fuel injection or something. More of a track bike it seems.

Mine is an 02'.. Ive never drag raced anyone with it. Just when I rode my bros F4I and rode mine, his felt a little more snappy. But, Ive never raced him before. The 600RRs have like 20 more HP than the F4I's. The RR's have a different type of fuel injection or something. More of a track bike it seems.

368917[/snapback]

The F4i is probably just lowered geared since it isn't designed as a track bike like the GSXR is. The RR's use 8 fuel injectors like my 1000RR. 4 at the head and 4 more in the airbox that come on at higher RPM's. Head, porting, and cams are different between F4's and RR's.

from experience....the 600 class the top dog is the 636, that bike feels so pissed off that you have to twist.....the cbr has no guts, the gsxr has no balls and the r6 is not vary comfortable.....you can be running a hundred in 3rd and slam the 636 into 1st and it WILL NOT LOCK UP THE BACK TIRE....the tranny in the 636 and 6r are amazing...i've ridden every 600 hard as i possible can...but the easiest bike to stunt is by far the 600rr and R6...my .02's :bolt:

one thing about insurance,,,if your financing you will need full coverage. When I was 20 I went out to get a crotch rocket and everything was fine and dandy till it came time to get insurance. the motorcycle payment was gonna be $125 a month,,,,,and the insurance was gonna cost me about $450 a month!!! :wacko:

and the insurance had to be bought in nothing less than 6 month increments.

Needless to say I didnt get a bike.

368352[/snapback]

I have a fz6 and i really like it, has the same powerplant as the r6 but way more comfortable. Anything under $10,000 only requires liablility exept honda i think they have their own rules.

I luckily have a small town banker that I can deal with easily. I fianced the entire purchase price of my RR through the bank, and talked him into letting me get credit life on the loan and have liability only insurance on the bike. $5 a month for credit life and $315 a year liability on the bike. Progressive wanted $4550 a year for me for full coverage. Thats half the price of the bike a year for full coverage!!! 23 y/o with a couple tickets.

State farm is the cheapest for insurance on bikes. They just look at the CC's not the R or RR in the name. My CBR1000RR is in the same class as a 750 shadow according to them. ;)

from experience....the 600 class the top dog is the 636, that bike feels so pissed off that you have to twist.....the cbr has no guts, the gsxr has no balls and the r6 is not vary comfortable.....you can be running a hundred in 3rd and slam the 636 into 1st and it WILL NOT LOCK UP THE BACK TIRE....the tranny in the 636 and 6r are amazing...i've ridden every 600 hard as i possible can...but the easiest bike to stunt is by far the 600rr and R6...my .02's :bolt:

368923[/snapback]

could you really slam 2 gears and not lock the tire up? thats pretty insane, I want one. :drool:

could you really slam 2 gears and not lock the tire up?  thats pretty insane, I want one.  :drool:

368959[/snapback]

yup do it everytime i test ride one to make sure the "slipper clutch" as kawaski calls it is working properly :headbang: and it the corner is a killer sweeper....just gotta drop a knee and rail the hell outta it :evil: