StreetBikes...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those 600rr's are fuckin bad, but then again so are the liter bikes. rode a 1000rr today actually. if you lookin for dead on drag speed, look into an R1, fast is an understatement. but for my size i like the feel of a gixxer 750, it just fits.

Im scared i might buy a 600 and want more power...

368269[/snapback]

have you ever rode a 600? i cant imagine needing more power or speed than what my f4i is capable of. i mean when really do you need to go 180 mph? or go from 0-100 in 2 seconds? i think you need to ride as many bikes as possible before you buy something. in all reality i doubt youll need anything bigger than a 600 unless you are a pretty big guy.

the gixxer 600 is the fastest 600 the zx 10 is still the fastest top speed bike but the new gixxer 1k beats it everything else :clap:

as you said you might want a bigger bike if your taller than 5'8 you'll want a 750 its taller than the new 1000 i know this because my sisters fiance and his cousin have both 05 750 and the 05 1000 i sat on and rode the 1000 very comfortlabe , and it feels like it never wants to stop pulling :bolt:

Edited by H250RHATER

one thing about insurance,,,if your financing you will need full coverage. When I was 20 I went out to get a crotch rocket and everything was fine and dandy till it came time to get insurance. the motorcycle payment was gonna be $125 a month,,,,,and the insurance was gonna cost me about $450 a month!!! :wacko:

and the insurance had to be bought in nothing less than 6 month increments.

Needless to say I didnt get a bike.

In all reality, buy a bike that suits you or looks the best to you. From experience, handling is the most important factor when buying a sports bike. Speed? I've yet to ever hit top speed on my bike, there really is no point running around at 170+mph. Don't believe all the magazine hype, it's just that. Insurance is a big one, even for me at 34 y/o and no tickets or accidents in 10yrs it's still 80 dollars a month for full coverage. I highly recommend paying cash and getting liability for some of you. My liability coverage is 7 dollars a month, big difference. As for bikes, my choice in the 600 department most definitely would be the CBR600rr hands down and the 1000rr for a liter bike. I'll have a 1000rr next spring unless they make a different liter bike. :drool:

i thought that busa's were still the fastest top end bike? could be wrong.

368396[/snapback]

they are, but i think he was talkin about the liter class.

whats one of them things weigh aynways?

they are, but i think he was talkin about the liter class.

whats one of them things weigh aynways?

368400[/snapback]

umm..about a ton or so

lol

its a heavy mofo. I'm going to be buying a smaller bike..maybe a 1000 after this one. i saw one at the dealer yesterday...got laughed at because i had a boner walkin out. lmfao

those new kawis are really awesome for 05. They have slipper clutches and undertail exhausts, which are pretty unique features for the 600 class. I believe those slipper clutches are like $1500 parts... I thought the zx12rs were the fastest bike. :confused: and I read somewhere about a gsxr600 with an air filter doing mid 10s 1/4 mile, sounds pretty fast for a basically stock bike.