BANSHEE IS REVING TOO HIGH

My banshee is reving too high. I checked the throttle to see if it was sticking, and that not it, i checked the carbs, those aren't sticking either, and i have the idle screws turned all the way out, have them turned 1 turn around into the carbs, and it still is reving too high, i don't know what it could be, cause i just had my top end rebuilt and i was wondering if my needles have to be adjusted, could those be my problem? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.

Take off air filter boots and look at the slides. Are the arched cut away to the rear.Are the slides coming all the way down tight,no gaps under the slides.I have seen the little brass index pin on the side of the carb get loose and let the slide turn or spin.your problem has to be - to much fuel or lean condition. When did this start, by itself or after someone worked on it.

well, could this be why, i don't have an airbox and i was using airbox snorkles for 2 blaster airboxes. Could those be why it is reving too much? and i don't have filters to use.

You answered your own question.

Put some filters on there.

well, i just looked at it, and now when i kick it, it makes a poooooosh like sound, and it it does that when it is running now too. is this an air leik, cause if it is, i know where it is coming from then.

this problem just started today by itself, cause i just rode it saturday and it had no problems, and no one has touched it, and i didn't do anything to it. oh and being i was breaking my motor in, i have the needles set on the 3rd level, should i change that or leave it

it makes a poooooosh like sound, and it it does that when it is running now too. is this an air leik, cause if it is, i know where it is coming from then.

Sounds like a sneeze?

If you don't have an airfilter on that thing then you're gonna be running lean.

Put the filter back on and try again.

well, see i don't have any filters, i don't have an airbox, i have been using snorkels from a balster airbox, but i haven't been riding it hat all, this is the first time wanted to ride it for a while, besides last saturday, i rode it on saturday for like 2 minutes and then shut it off. but now i took it out today and it started over reving, is it because i don't have a filter?

spray some starting fluid around your intake adn front carb boots dont spray directly into the carbs or shit will go seriously wrong

if it revs even higher you have an air leak

well, see i don't have any filters, i don't have an airbox, i have been using snorkels from a balster airbox, but i haven't been riding it hat all, this is the first time wanted to ride it for a while, besides last saturday, i rode it on saturday for like 2 minutes and then shut it off. but now i took it out today and it started over reving, is it because i don't have a filter?

368229[/snapback]

Dude, forget everything the other guys have said UNTIL you have an air filter on there. Don't even start it!

If you insist on running it without a filter, (like some drag racers do) then you have to compensate your jetting for the extra air. In other words, you are running lean without the filter and you need to add more fuel to correct the air/fuel ratio.