rear shock?

98flyguy

the 450 shocks fit but its not worth the hell you will go through to make them fit..i had the same idea so i took the idea to precision concepts and they straightened me out realy fast..on stock a arms you have to compress the shock so far that it basicly takes 99% of the pre load out and makes for a nightmare to install and they dont perform that great after they are in..if you go with a +2 a arm they fit but the money you spend isnt worth it..alba sells a kit for the banshee that runs about $900 and its the right parts for the bike..you can get the a arms for 5-700 and the shocks for $250-300 a set on ebay..but for that price why not just get the alba kit and have it done right the first time with banshee parts..the 450 shocks have to be grinded down as do the mounts so right there you have already taken the shock and made it weaker..and in the end its my understanding that by putting the 450 shock on there you actualy lose a bit of front travel due to she shock being smashed so far down just to fit in the frame

Edited by crbanshee

the 450 shocks fit but its not worth the hell you will go through to make them fit..i had the same idea so i took the idea to precision concepts and they straightened me out realy fast..on stock a arms you have to compress the shock so far that it basicly takes 99% of the pre load out and makes for a nightmare to install and they dont perform that great after they are in..if you go with a +2 a arm they fit but the money you spend isnt worth it..alba sells a kit for the banshee that runs about $900 and its the right parts for the bike..you can get the a arms for 5-700 and the shocks for $250-300 a set on ebay..but for that price why not just get the alba kit and have it done right the first time with banshee parts..the 450 shocks have to be grinded down as do the mounts so right there you have already taken the shock and made it weaker..and in the end its my understanding that by putting the 450 shock on there you actualy lose a bit of front travel due to she shock being smashed so far down just to fit in the frame

366238[/snapback]

I think he is more concerned about the REAR shock from the YZF fitting the Banshee as apossed to the fronts.

Brad