holy woke the shee up

I've got pipes, filter, domes, and delta2's and it was just missing a little something somewhere.

Well, what do ya know....it was the timing. It woke up everywhere.....I dont know why I didnt do it sooner. Just took it out for a couple rips and the first three gears all i'm lookin at is the sky. I was lookin at the sky before, but not like this. If I had room to hit 4th and 5th I'm sure I'd be skybound as well. The power just feels more there everywhere if you know what I mean.

I also added a tooth to the rear which I'm sure is helping as well. I forgot how plush the suspension is too....I cant imagine some really good shocks. Coming down from wheelies must be like landing on pillows.

:ph34r: and I dont even have my ported cylinders on yet :lol:

Edited by .

Well...I was just about to post a new one...but, I'm going to ask you.

Today...at my door, is a boonman special lightened flywheel and modded shiftstar in one box, and a Ricky Stator adjustable plate in the other.

I"m gonna go +4 on the timing. Stock ports, carbs and head. All stock.

Did you have to rejet for the timing bump...and how much did you go?

Thanks much....

:cheers:

You dont have to rejet for timing advance. The only time you need to rejet is if you add something thats allowing more air through the engine like, pipes, air filter, reeds, etc.

Yep...it flat out rips. I keep going richer on the main...and it keeps getting better. I'm going to chop my plugs today, again...and check the base ring on the porcelin...

If I'm not 100% dialed in...I'm 95% or better...

Thanks again!

timing plate 35, flywheel puller 13, and you'll need a torque wrench.

Easiest way to get the flywheel to stay put while your unbolting and torquing the flywheel bolt is to take a ratchet strap and wrap it around the flywheel and tighten it so it doesnt move. Works like a charm

Pull footpeg, pull shifter, pull stator cover, pull flywheel, pull stator, pull timing plate. And then reverse.

All you'll need is a #2 and #3 philips, a 10mm wrench (use the wrench on the timing plate bolts, or is it 12 mm....I forget already), a flywheel puller, a ratchet strap, and some locktite.

Takes like 20 minutes, 30 if your drinkin a beer.

i had my timing key changed on my bruteforce750 1000miles ago and i havent had no trouble...there shouldnt be any pressure on it..

365875[/snapback]

Offset keys Suck Period. Best way is the Plate.

Cheapest way to more timming is the Stock Mod .

Here is Mine. That is a 4.5mm cut into the counter clokwise side Appox 4 degree advancement. can't beat the price FREE

plate.jpg