Banshee Throttle sticking

My throttle seems to be sticking when i rev my banshee up , this maybe happens 3 out of 10 times i rev it up from a idle.. could this be a case of needing new top end rings? My bikes an 03 and never had a change yet.. Or does everyone think this sounds more like a carb problem... bikes very clean

hmm.. had them off when i jetted them.. they were good and clean then..

I ran some carb cleaner through them last week and it didn't clear up the problem..

I think I'll take them off and check them over...

just a bit of a pain in the ass

thanks for your input

Brad

I ran some carb cleaner through them last week and it didn't clear up the problem..

363458[/snapback]

I would go ahead and take the carbs off and put a small amount of grease on your slides...I'll bet your problem clears right up :) When you spray the carb with cleaner it "dries up" your slides and can cause them to stick. By adding a little bit of grease to the slides before installation it allows them to slide easier...

If that doesn't work, I think you either have an air leak, broken reed, or choke tube not in place...

pull the tops off the carbs

get some scotch brite pad, and kinda sand the bottom edge of the slide. i has little small knicks and stuff that snag the bore body.

just smoothe it up some

it works great

it appears to be in a-1 shape.

i wash my bike nearly after every ride.. looks mint.. cant see dirt or fraying being a problem

363472[/snapback]

I bet it's from washing it. A lot of banshees with stock carbs have that problem. Mine does it every time I wash it, run through water, and even if it's extremely foggy or humid out.

Does it seem to clear up after riding it hard for a half hour or so?

• 1 year later...
I bet it's from washing it. A lot of banshees with stock carbs have that problem. Mine does it every time I wash it, run through water, and even if it's extremely foggy or humid out.

Does it seem to clear up after riding it hard for a half hour or so?

Did a search first to see what I could find out about my throttle stick. This is what it got me. Mine is definitely a water issue of some sort. When I go through water or wash it, it sticks. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to avoid the stick besides the obvious, don't go through water and don't wash it???? It has had two new Motion Pro throttle cables put on. The slides are perfect. Nothing else in the carbs has any sticky or rough spots. Shee just doesn't like water. I have learned to tippy toe through water, but is there anything I can cover or protect when washing to avoid the stick? Thanks for any help.

Did a search first to see what I could find out about my throttle stick. This is what it got me. Mine is definitely a water issue of some sort. When I go through water or wash it, it sticks. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to avoid the stick besides the obvious, don't go through water and don't wash it???? It has had two new Motion Pro throttle cables put on. The slides are perfect. Nothing else in the carbs has any sticky or rough spots. Shee just doesn't like water. I have learned to tippy toe through water, but is there anything I can cover or protect when washing to avoid the stick? Thanks for any help.

get rid of those stock carbs if you can , i had the same problem , my throttle stuck open a couple of times, big boy is right carb cleaner drys the slides up and makes them worst , i put some grease on the sides of the slides and it helped out alot