stator or cdi?

well the losers at the local quad shop tested the coil to be bad and i replaced it and nothing!!! does anyone know how to test the stator i have a testlight that lights up with the yellow wire touching it... but nothing else lights up ... i imagine thats for the lights. but no other wire lights up. how can i determine that its the stator and not spend 200 on a cdi box and then find out that isnt it. also please tell me how to get the flywheel off cant figure it out... my bike is needing a top end and it spins sooo easy..thanks!

Your going to need a multimeter to test the stator, I believe there was an article at bansheezone on how to test the stator. The flywheel comes off with a puller the shop will usually charge you around $25 to pull it but you can get a puller for around $16. your local shop should be able to check your stator for you. I'll see if I can find the page in the mean time I'm sure one of these guys know something :bolt:

Your going to need a multimeter to test the stator, I believe there was an article at bansheezone on how to test the stator. The flywheel comes off with a puller the shop will usually charge you around $25 to pull it but you can get a puller for around $16. your local shop should be able to check your stator for you. I'll see if I can find the page in the mean time I'm sure one of these guys know something :bolt:

362234[/snapback]

pull the connector on the right side of the bike with the 4 wires. and measure resistance across the red and green wires. it should measure out at like .025 ohms or something like that/ its in the manual ill have to go double check to make sure what resistance. maybe some one remembers off the cuff?

Definitely test the stator first, everything you need to know is in the Electrical FAQ below. Personally I'd go with a Ricky Stator stator instead of another OEM, and unless you really need that much wattage a stock output is just as good...

alright got the wiring diagram handy..just got done troubleshooting...one thing that i found on my bike thats different on the diagram is there is a green/yellow stripe wire coming out of the cdi to the front around under the tank and the guy that had the bike last has it snipped ....not spliced together tho..anyone know what its for??? need to know that..and also they have the key switch disabled and not spliced together. ? the link u sent said the red/black and black wires should be tied.. is that correct???

well the stator tested good!! that sux cause i dont want to buy a new cdi....wish i knew somebody that would lend me there cdi...cant figure this damned thing out!!! thanks guys