revalving rear shock need help!

stealth50

disassembled the rear shock and can not get at the valving. I tryed twisting the cap with the one hole in it on the bottom of the shock housing but it just spins and does not loosen. I can not find a diagram to go by.Anyone have any knowledge on how do do this. Thanks!!

disassembled the rear shock and can not get at the valving. I tryed twisting the cap with the one hole in it on the bottom of the shock housing but it just spins and does not loosen. I can not find a diagram to go by.Anyone have any knowledge on how do do this. Thanks!!

361270[/snapback]

Keep working at it. It should not be a problem opening the body up. Its resealing that is a bitch...As per below.

Yamaha put TWO snap rings in there. The one on the top is simple enough to remove. It is getting to the one they put on the bottom that you can't see that is giving you problems. You have to drill through the seal "Carefully" in order to remove the bottom retaining ring. Once you remove it you need not replace it in reassembly. Just re-install the top retainer. Yamaha did it purposely to keep the DIY out of it...I say keep at it, race-tech makes a kit to reseal/valve it. Should be able to pick a kit up at the local dealer for around 60-80bux.

Brad

Edited by cudaz101

361270[/snapback]

ouch 450.

ouch 450.

363809[/snapback]

Thats what I was thinkin'...Is there a more reasonable alternative that you know of for a rebuild other than DIY???

Brad

Actually TCS only charges $300 for a rebuild (re-valve & re-spring) Not $450

363850[/snapback]

So what is the link to TCS then??? I googled them and got a shitload of vendors but nothing on TCS alone...

Brad

Actually TCS only charges $300 for a rebuild (re-valve & re-spring) Not $450

363850[/snapback]

I havent been able to find TCS rebuilds for 300... I just sent my rear stocker to Elka for respring/revalve/rebuild with Zero Preload. 350 complete.