pick me a pipe?

waffles

I think you would be reffering to the T6's if you are not going to port.  T5's if you do plan on porting.  But honestly, I've rode ported banshees with T5's, thier fast, but nothing pulls harder on top than CPI's.  I've never rode on Rockets but I am sure they are very similar.

360285[/snapback]

no, I meant it the way I typed it. bag the T6's. if you aren't gonna port your cylinders, go with the T5's. if you are, get CPI's or another pipe suited for it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say buy a yfz450 to trail ride and buy a set of top end pipes for the banshee to drag it. :headbang: It will be very hard to find a pipe that suits trail riding and dragging all in one. Your best bet is to research it a little and find the pipe that has a power curve that you will be happy with....or I guess you could buy two sets of pipes and swap them out to fit whatever riding you are about to do :shrugani:

The way I understand it is that T6's are designed for a stock motor (non-ported). And the T-5's are designed if you are going to port. I still think the T5's would be excellent pipes even if you arent going to port.

The way I understand it is that T6's are designed for a stock motor (non-ported).  And the T-5's are designed if you are going to port. I still think the T5's would be excellent pipes even if you arent going to port.

360389[/snapback]

Correct. T6's are for bolt on stuff...stock motor.

T5's are all around. Toomey's site even says so.

That being said...I'm sure an engine builder will find a great package to get the best out of the T6 with porting, etc.

As for right now...though, T6's are for stock porting with bolt ons.

That's the whole reason I got 5's...I plan on porting after this riding season...and, or course...they were cheaper...

I'm very happy with them. With a +4 stator plate, VF2s and a NOSS head, I'm hoping to pick up a bit of bottom to mid, and keep me top end. I'm never going to expect it to be 4 stroke torquey...though..without a huge sacrifice on top.

:cheers:

Edited by dajogejr

Guest LRDshee

Just buy a set of adjustables LRD's :evil:

I do alot of trail riding and have plenty of torque, and the pipes rev higer than my buddy's T5's :D , even adjust all for lowend

Didn't mean that as an all around power band pipe. Re-read the post.

Meant that as an all around WITH motor mods pipe.

As in the T6's are stock port pipe...the T5's are stock OR ported motor....

You'll note on this page the T6 is designed for Stock Engines...go further down, it says T5 for Stock and Modified Engines.

http://www.toomey.com/html/pipe_systems.htm

Edited by dajogejr

Didn't mean that as an all around power band pipe.  Re-read the post.

Meant that as an all around WITH motor mods pipe.

As in the T6's are stock port  pipe...the T5's are stock OR ported motor....

You'll note on this page the T6 is designed for Stock Engines...go further down, it says T5 for Stock and Modified Engines.

http://www.toomey.com/html/pipe_systems.htm

360671[/snapback]

yeah i know t6's are for stock and t5's are for stock and modified. i didnt notice the bottom part of your post.

Guest nightmare

I have a set of Pro Circuit Platinum pipes on my Shee. I really like them. I ride mostly woods and an ocasional drag race they seem to do well. Plus I love the pinging sound of the Pro Circuits.

i bought a 96 shee a week ago and for the first time ever i rode a stock shee with rockets, it was way better than the t-5 pipes i took off it, the black t-5s are for sale to if anyone wants them, i was gona throw them in the trash like i do with the stock pipes too but i guess people use these pipes and swear by them, i feel sorry for people who dont realy understand!