modding

banshee mx

im quite new to the world of modding as iv bin riding evrything ive had as stock. i just managed to hook myself up with a shee and was wondering if there is any mods i could ad fo mx? im only 13 so dont have a substancial income so im not really wanting 2 do anything 2 heavy like. anything would be a good help

cheers!

id say flipping your front and rear wheels would be best for you and its free!

the fronts you will need to invert the valve stem and cut another hole in the outer part of the rim for a new valve as it will hit the brake rotor.

this will widen the quad and make it more stable round a track

as for other mods it all depends on $$$. how much do you have to spend and we can help out more, is your bike stock now??

stu

with a banshee its entirely down to $$, if you got the cash it can be whatever bike you want

id defo start with some pipes, then milled head, lightened flywheel, air filter, reeds, (then porting perhaps?), and have a play around with the gearing until you find what suits you.

id get some front shocks on that bad boy if $ allows and then things like shortniing the swinger come next! a steering damper is a massive help too :P

i hope your job does pay well.........your about to start modding a banshee!! :dance: ive never been able to stop....

stu

For a mx track that isn't to big Suspension is #1. The banshee has plenty of pwr for most basic mx track.

As far as suspension and shocks go...

+2 wider on the front

Wider axle

-2 swingarm

The best shocks you can afford

Sounds like you already have good tires and a-arms

Play with the gearing, then if you need more motor start with the motor mods.

One cheap one that will help is cutting the head .030. You can do that cheap and will add to the bottom end.

Unless you've had years of riding motorbikes, then stick with the thumb throttle. Especially if you're doing a lot of MX. ... I bought my 'Shee at the end of last year which had been fitted with a twist. I did get used to it pretty quickly and on long trails it was great, but for the MX tracks I found it was easy to get out of control. ... Needless to say, I just changed mine back to a thumb throttle.

About your modding, have you tried looking at quadsportuk.co.uk? Tom's a racer, his prices are good, and he's based near Edinburgh. You'll pick up a 2+2 G-Force axle from him for about