Photos of my homebuilt a-arms

Lepew

There +2 +1 with Yamaha Yfz ball joints. Built all the parts myself with a Logan 10x25 lathe and a handy tubing bender minus the ball joints. The only problem I had with the fit is I could have moved the lower arm rear tube a 1/4" further foward, 6" rims will be real close to touching the lower arm in the back. Hope this helps any of you who may want to attempt this.

I have around $200 in parts and materials. I have to give a thanks to Gary at Quicksand for sharing the info on where to get 4130 "chromoly" cheap. I used a Yamaha raptor or yfz450 ball joint because they are cheap, replaceable and greased and the most important thing is the tapered stud is longer to allow more clearence for the boot. They truely cost me around $2000 if I add the miller Tig welder. The geometrery is easy, the magic number is 20 degrees. place your ball joints 20 degrees on the end of the arm. I moved the shock mount out 5/8" to compensate for the longer arms adding to the ride height.

you did one hell of a job on them, they look professional! now take what youve built, set up a jig on a weld table, make 50 sets, send them to a buffer, chromer and sell them for 325 a set, price for materials comes down huge in quanities! i could set you up with the chrome and buff shop!

358620[/snapback]

That's the idea!!! How about 125 a set though :D

You sell 20 of em and you have your welder and all else paid for :headbang:

did you copy the stock design and just extend? I was just wonderin.

358916[/snapback]

I don't know exactly what you mean. You have to start with a stock a-arm to figure where everything is at. I place a stock arm in the jig to start then move and add the fixtures.

Sorry Guys, It is fun but there wouldn't be enough money to be made to make a set of quality arms. My wife would probably run me over with her bike if I tried.

The geometrery is easy, the magic number is 20 degrees. place your ball joints 20 degrees on the end of the arm.

358618[/snapback]

excellent information. :clap: just what i needed to hear.

what did you use for the frame pivots one the lower arms?