lets get this cop fired

rjvoight: Good call, I agree. It's obvious that the petition is generated by the family and I feel for their loss. However there are always two sides to a story and often times the other side, especially in government, never gets told. Anyone stop to think maybe he was getting prank calls throughout the night?

It happens...

18 year veteran with an unblemished record tells me that there is more to the story.....................

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone stop to think maybe he was getting prank calls throughout the night?

356221[/snapback]

LMAO...unbeliveable..apparently you don't know much about dispatch...on a daily basis you receive 911 hang up calls or "prank calls"---the proper procedure would be to call the person who called and hung up or made the prank back and make sure that everything is ok....even if they tell you its ok or it was an accident, you still have to send an officer to that address...so him possibly receiving prank calls throughout the night is definately not an excuse....any person that has worked in the field of dispatch or law enforcement for that amount of years would be used to dealing with this on a daily basis...sorry that excuse isnt workin for me :yank:

i guess i just dont feel any sympathy for somebody who has been in law enforcement..and knows the types of situations that can happen on a daily basis....guess maybe you guys would feel different about the situation if you were the person on the other end worried about your friend...and somebody tellin you "yeah, so" :confused:

Edited by dune_girl

OK I've come to the conclusion that this guy is an overpaid asshole.

LINK ->http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=3107048

The call rang into the state police barracks in Montville.

Instead of comfort, Russell Shepard was shocked by the trooper's response on the other end of the line.

"State police 911.

Yeah I want to report a street bike accident on Incinerator Road in Taftville. Someone crashed on their street bike.

"Yeah... too bad."

Too bad says the state police dispatcher who then hangs up.

"I was shocked, thought I had the wrong number at first," says Russell Shepard.

"So I picked up the phone and called 911," says Liz Niegel.

Liz Niegel made the second frantic call.

"State police 911.

"Hi, I need to report a street bike accident what?

"Hello?"

"I need to report a street bike accident.

"Was that the one on Incinerator Road?

"Yeah. Help will get there. Shouldn't be playing games."

"Shouldn't be playing games," says the trooper, who then hangs up.

"Just the fact that my friend was there laying there helpless and it seemed like they didn't even care," says Niegel.

"I am absolutely outraged every time I hear that 'too bad' and then click," says Jim Sawyer, Victim's Father.

Jim Sawyer asks how someone who is supposed to care could act like he cared less.

"Anybody who could sit there on a switch board answering 911 calls knowing full well everything he says his being monitored and turn around and make the rude commentary that he did," says Sawyer.  "No one deserves to be spoken to that way."

It wasn't until the third emergency call that a female dispatcher assessed the situation.

"How bad are the injuries?"

"He's not moving, he's bleeding from his ear.

"Is he breathing?.

"Yes, he is breathing."

"Tell people not to touch him. I will send an ambulance out there ok?"

Sawyer expected that response from the first call.

"I only know I would have felt a whole lot more comfortable if I had heard people on the other end of the line of that 911 call with some heart and caring," says Sawyer.

I also found this

LINK->http://www.canyonchasers.net/blog/archives/50-To-Serve-and-Protect.html

A state trooper was suspended for 15 days without pay after he was recorded on a 911 tape saying "too bad" to a caller seeking help for a man injured in a motorcycle accident. Nice ehy? Apparently this happened last august! Connecticut state Trooper Robert Peasley's (phone number (860) 848-6500) actions, according to state police, did not affect the response time of emergency responders, even though the injured motorcyclist died several days later from injuries sustained in the accident, three 911 calls had to be placed before a responsive 911 dispatcher was reached.

"Russell Shepard, a friend of Sawyer's [the injured motorcyclist], called 911, which was routed to the state police barracks in Montville. When he reported the accident, Peasley said, "Yeah ... too bad," and hung up, according to a tape obtained by WTNH-TV.

"Shepard said he was shocked, believing he reached a wrong number.

"Another friend made a second call. "Yeah," the officer responded. "Help will get there. Shouldn't be playing games."

"A third emergency call was answered by a different dispatcher, who asked about Sawyer's condition and advised those nearby to not touch him."

According to a Newsday.com article "The trooper hung up on the caller because he apparently thought he had received several other calls about the same incident. But Boyle said the investigation showed that the call from the friend was the first Troop E received for that accident. It also showed that Peasley was rude to a second caller who reported the accident, telling him Sawyer "shouldn't have been riding that way."

Wow! Thats great advice there Trooper Robert Peasley! (phone number (860) 848-6500)

A little digging revealed that state Trooper Robert Peasley (phone number (860) 848-6500) was the highest paid officer in 2003, earning over $143,000 in annual wages. Quoting a Conneticut State Police Alumni Association website "...the highest-paid trooper, Robert C. Peasley Jr., made more than $47,000 in overtime in 2003 by working at highway construction jobs. That means he worked more than 80 hours a week to take home $143,000 in annual wages, state police said."

I'm sure that those 15 days without pay is really going to sting Trooper Robert Peasley (phone number (860) 848-6500) where it will hurt the most.

Read these upsetting articles yourself at Newsday.com and Yahoo.com.

More information! The WNTH-TV website has the transcript and video of their news story that aired on March 22nd. Hear for yourself, a portion of the 911 call where Robert C. Peasley says "too bad!" and hangs up on the 911 call.

If you've read To Serve and Protect Part I and were infuriated by Trooper Robert Peasleys actions during a 911 call for an injured motorcyclist where Trooper Peasley said "too bad" and hung up, requiring three 911 calls to be placed before a responsive dispatcher could be reached, there is something you can now do. An online petition has been set up asking for the Forced Resignation and Fine/Imprisonment of Robert Peasley.

Robert Peasley only got a 15-day suspension for his actions, to which his local union has stated they believe are too severe considering Peasley's past behavior. We here at Canyon Chasers think a 15-day 'vacation' is not near severe enough for a complete and willful disregard for his duties and responsibilities, particularly where a life hung in the balance, making the phrase "to serve and protect' vaporous.

If you haven't had the chance, please visit WNTH-TV to hear a transcript of the call.

From looking around the internet, more unsubstantiated and uncredited information unfolds on this story. It looks as though a call had been made to 911 a few minutes earlier reporting squid-like behavior at the location of the accident. One can only assume that Trooper Robert Peasley was aware of squad cars having been dispatched to the area before the accident/911 call came in.

One can only guess that Trooper Peasley either assumed the 911 call to be a hoax or that he was extremely frustrated by the aforementioned squid behavior taking place.

Additionally, from perusing many other motorcycle forums, we stumbled across one account from someone who claimed to know Peasley personally and stated that he [Peasley] had bounced from Troop to Troop from detective to flat-foot because of consistent poor performance. This forum poster who claimed to know Peasley didn't seem to think much of him. However, there is no way to substantiate this information.

While this new information, if accurate, may shed some light on the event, it certainly does not excuse Peasleys behavior, but does make its occurance more understandable, and hopefully, restores some faith in the 'system'.

CanyonChasers would also like to officially state that we would never assume all officers to be 'bad' because of Peasleys behavior. Even though we may not always see eye to eye with the long arm of the radar gun, there are a lot of gosh-darn good cops out there, to which we are very thankful.

so has anyone called him yet?

356243[/snapback]

You gotta be careful if you call over state lines and do anything that can be considered harassment because it is a federal crime. A local university student called up that girl that claimed Kobe Bryant raped her and got into all kinds of trouble for harassment and death threats, not sure how it turned out but I know he had some hefty fines against him.

this guys a complete assshole and should lose his position permanetaly without benfits or future payouts either! hes way way overpaid and is about the worst person for the job.lets face everybod y and thier sisters vibrator wants to be a cop ...the list is long,

and anybody can do a better job than this arrogan t donut eating fuckhead does. fireand fine him on the spot so his family,friends ,and community can realize what a desensitized piece of shit he really is. :angry:

this guys a complete assshole  and should lose his position permanetaly without benfits or future payouts either! hes way way overpaid and is about the worst person for the job.lets face everybod y and thier sisters vibrator wants to be a cop ...the list is long,

and anybody can do a better job than this arrogan t  donut eating fuckhead does. fireand fine  him on the spot so his family,friends ,and community can realize what a desensitized piece of shit he really is. :angry:

356248[/snapback]

:clap:

and overpaid for sure banghead

I dont know if they can fire him. Techinically he didn't violate any law. His responses didn't effect response time so a wrongful death lawsuit is outta the question. Dumbass was riding a bike without a helmet looking at a camera, wrecks and dies, well sorry about your luck but you shouldn't have been doing that.

Careful how you throw around that shot in the head, I find myself more sensitive to those words and and would enjoy jumping down someones throat.

Was his response wrong, yeah. I'd like to hear the actual tape though, as those three dots between yeah and too bad could be anything. For all we know that could say yeah, ambulance is on the way thats too bad.

A state trooper with an unblemished record for 18 years is damn good, and the fact that he busts his ass to make more money shows his work ethic.

I put myself in the familys shoes, yeah I'd want to beat the shit outta him, but having him fired does nothing, hell now his wife and kids have to suffer and be homeless because of a few choice words that were bad? Yeah the dead man family has to suffer, but thier suffering is from a much different angle.

But eh what do i know.

Oh and the desensitized thing, yeah you get that a lot. Right now your sitting in front of your computer typing like its nothing, but when you first got it I bet it was fun and exciting and showed you things you never thought you'd see before, but now you've seen it all and its no big deal to you anymore.

After about the second or third time I did CPR on a person that whole rib craking thing stopped bothering me along with the family crying aorund you as your doing it. Your there to do a job, if I'm doing CPR on someone and say something like damnit he ate too much I cant get good compression and the family takes that as me calling him a fat fuck and being desensitized should i lose my job over it?

To each his own.

I put myself in the familys shoes, yeah I'd want to beat the shit outta him, but having him fired does nothing, hell now his wife and kids have to suffer and be homeless because of a few choice words that were bad?  Yeah the dead man family has to suffer, but thier suffering is from a much different angle.

After about the second or third time I did CPR on a person that whole rib craking thing stopped bothering me  along with the family crying aorund you as your doing it.  Your there to do a job, if I'm doing CPR on someone and say something like damnit he ate too much I cant get good compression and the family takes that as me calling him a fat fuck and being desensitized should i lose my job over it?

To each his own.

356269[/snapback]

good point :notworthy:

good point  :notworthy:

356275[/snapback]

Thats a really good point.

I have a cousin that stopped being an EMT because she couldn't get desensitized to seeing people 1/2 way thrown through windshields at accidents n shit. But we do work with a guy that is a part time EMT and he fucking loves it for some reason. A little disturbing to me honestly to hear someone get excited about gore at a traffic accident.

:blink:

LMAO...unbeliveable..apparently you don't know much about dispatch...on a daily basis you receive 911 hang up calls or "prank calls"---the proper procedure would be to call the person who called and hung up or made the prank back and make sure that everything is ok....even if they tell you its ok or it was an accident, you still have to send an officer to that address...so him possibly receiving prank calls throughout the night is definately not an excuse....

Uhhh not everyone in the country has enhanced 911 yet or otherwise known as E-911. Think before you speak, if a dispatch does not have E-911 then they do not know where the call came from, thus they can't do anything about pranks. The town I used to live in did not have E-911.................... Before you speak out your ass and insult everyone about the knowledge you supposedly have, get informed first!

Fireman-hott: Good response brother! AMEN

Um dune_girl not to take sides or anything but e-911 is not the calling from your land line 911, e-911 is the updated 911 where they can tell to the nearest cell tower where your making the cellphone call from in an emergency.

Not every city has this yet, its slowly making its way into the rural towns.

Um dune_girl not to take sides or anything but e-911 is not the calling from your land line 911, e-911 is the updated 911 where they can tell to the nearest cell tower where your making the cellphone call from in an emergency.

Not every city has this yet, its slowly making its way into the rural towns.

356371[/snapback]

LOL...yeah i know this....i wrote that whenever i first woke up :shootself: thanks for bringin that to my attention before i got bashed to badly... :P

my point was suppose to be that it was obvious that he knew where the call was comin from...because they were able to dispatch the proper units to the scene...so the excuse that they had been receiving prank calls for the night was not good enough reasoning for me to say "yeah, so" whenever the call came in

THERE THATS WHAT I MEANT TO SAY lol :wacko:

OK I've come to the conclusion that this guy is an overpaid asshole.

356231[/snapback]

this is nothing new from what i said before. This guy has busted his ass for years. His money was made from overtime which took away from his personal life. He may have only taken two calls but it sounds as if there were more calls then that. When an accident happens and multiple people see it and they all call, the dispatchers must deal witht he calls as quickly as possible to clear the lines for future calls.

As I said before, he needs to be reprimanded, maybe even demoted but to loose his career over 30 seconds of poor statements is wrong.

RJV