I want to run pump gas, not race gas

mattd283

I currenty have a noss machine cool head with 19cc domes. compression is right around 185 each side. What size domes will take me back down to a low enough compression to run premium pump gas ?? What is the stock compression ?? Any help would be appreciated. $4.80 a gallon is killing my pocket. I have Vitos pistons and a 4* timing key.

Thanks, Matt

Like Gimmeabeer Said 21C.C Maybe 20C.C. All Depends On Elevation!!!! We Really Need To Know Your Elevation? The Timing Is Also Going To Affect Your Octane Needs!!!!

Edited by Banshee 79

yeah 21s ,buying race gas all the time sucks. especially if you go on long rides and want to fuel up at a gas station. I had high compression for two years until I switched back. High comp is good for dragin but other than that try to get 150 lbs comp.

354879[/snapback]

I agree,I wasted a lot of $$$$ last year trail riding on 110.

I guess it's not really this price as much as I have a real hard time finding 110 in the winter. Always worrying about were I am going to find race fuel when we head up north. When it turns cold here, everyone switches to Kerosene for the winter. Only found one place this winter to buy race fuel and it is 70 miles away one way!! :yank: I think I'll Switch to 21cc's. Thanks for the help HQ !! Matt

Edited by mattd283

just run race fuel it's only $1.50 mroe than pump gas anyways...it's not like your feeding the banshee 100's of gallons of gas! and even then!

Hell race fuel is 4.70 a gallon....pump is $3.000 a gallon wtf difference does it make...

maybe you shoudl sell the banshee and get a 450 if gas is that scares in dem parts.

Edited by Justintoxicated

You really need to be talking to dlnoss, since they are his head design. But hey, just for the input, I'm a newbie but here goes. I PM'ed Dave before and he told me that when I was ready to get one of his heads that I could get 20 cc domes and be fine. I ride at 400', 1000', and 4000'........ At 4000' no problems with running pump gas 93, at 1000' with no timing advance borderline, but at 400' I should run 50/50, and it wasn't necessary to run straight race fuel. I also questioned about AV-gas or 100LL and he told me that that would be fine ($2.75 a gallon). Now like I said I don't have first hand experience "yet", but am going to have it soon.

But seriously, contact dlnoss he would know more about them than anybody else. Just my limited .02