YFZ450 or 450R?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok. i havent rode either of them but from what i have heard the yfz is a better setup. it doesnt have too much low end but really hits strong from the mid on. as where the honda is more of a smoother powerband and more lowend grunt and the yamaha is hard hitting. as for handling i heard they both handle pretty well but i heard the yfz has one of the best setups for suspenion right out of the factory. IMO the yfz looks better and is better :headbang: hope that helps ya out man

ridden both.

YFZ for me. its faster in a straight line, its faster in a turn, its faster in the air.

its lighter, lower, wider, more powerful. and with a SIMPLE cam mod, its even better.

hands down best sport quad on the market, just my opinion though.

heres a thread about the top speed debate. its really quite a good read. THREAD

Edited by gimmeabeer

these are both good machines. I now have both of them. the honda is a little more under powered out of the box so it needs a power up kit just to keep up with the yfz. Just depends on what you like, and how much you want to invest. the honda's cheaper the the yamaha, but they are both good choices. god luck with whatever you buy.

i have a yfz450 and i love it. tons of power and real quick for being stock. ive had mine for over a year now and if youve ever seen any of my videos you know i ride the fuck out of my quads. ive never had anything break on it unless i rolled it or something. ive raced many a 450r and never come close to being beaten by one. at our hillclimbs i run my completely stock yfz450 against a lot of cammed, piped and ported 450r's and them dudes cant touch me. im running times over a second faster than them. of course this may be due to the fact that once i get on the gas i NEVER let off until i cross that beam at the top. my buddy has a 450r and he hates it. its piped, ported, cammed and all that and its still a turd. he still cant even come close to beatin me on my 450. i would have to go one up for the yfz450.

I was in the market to buy a YFZ450 last year. Every place I went to either didn't have one or wouldn't budge on price. The last dealership I went to didn't have any YFZ's but offered a good price on an 05 450R. While I had my mind set on getting a YFZ I got the 450R instead. While it's slower than a YFZ, I don't have any complaints. It starts on the 1st or 2nd kick EVERYTIME just like my Shee. The forward kick took a little getting used to. But once you got the hang of it, it's no problem at all. The suspension is plush. At least thats how I have it set up with the stock adjustments. It has compression and rebound adjustmenst like the YFZ. It handles good and feels balanced when doing jumps. All in all its a well rounded machine. From what I understand, the YFZ is a better bike for the MX track out of the box. If your decision is based on which is faster get the YFZ. If you end up gettin a 450R I dont think you'll be disappointed. But whichever one you choose to buy, KEEP YOUR SHEE too. I might ride red every now and then, but I always bleed blue.

Edited by 2stroker

i have a yfz450 and i love it. tons of power and real quick for being stock. ive had mine for over a year now and if youve ever seen any of my videos you know i ride the fuck out of my quads. ive never had anything break on it unless i rolled it or something. ive raced many a 450r and never come close to being beaten by one. at our hillclimbs i run my completely stock yfz450 against a lot of cammed, piped and ported 450r's and them dudes cant touch me. im running times over a second faster than them. of course this may be due to the fact that once i get on the gas i NEVER let off until i cross that beam at the top. my buddy has a 450r and he hates it. its piped, ported, cammed and all that and its still a turd. he still cant even come close to beatin me on my 450. i would have to go one up for the yfz450.

354404[/snapback]

What about a crf hybrid?... Which i got the loan for today :dance: .

Mike

That damn seat is going first.  Little too hard for my taste, but thats minor stuff.

354491[/snapback]

never heard you complain about the hard shit in your ass before.... :confused:

lol....j/k....the 05 450's seat has a little bit more cushion but its still pretty hard...i have a gripper seat....its not so comfortable either :cry:

i just got my 450 not to long ago though...and i love it :headbang:

never heard you complain about the hard shit in your ass before.... :confused:

lol....j/k....the 05 450's seat has a little bit more cushion but its still pretty hard...i have a gripper seat....its not so comfortable either  :cry:

i just got my 450 not to long ago though...and i love it  :headbang:

354840[/snapback]

BROS BEFORE HOES.... Talk bout my buddy Allen like that again and bad shit could be happening to you and your precious 05 gripper 450........ :D