Goin' to Texas

BenBB

Yea, I'll be there. :cheers: Gotta stay in the Best Western there in town tho, don't have the ol camper this weekend.

Where you staying and what class are you gonna race in, hopefully not mine....? They're having the electronic scoring at this race. If you haven't already, let David know (email him off the ATVCCS site) and request a number and an e-scoring thing to be programmed for you. You should be able to pay when you get there for the membership and all.

Cool, look forward to meeting up. My friends will have a bright white f250 & blue bumper pull enclosed with a door on one side. They have a banshee and a YFZ (bansheejen off this site). There will probably be a red dodge jacked up with them that has another YFZ. I drive a 4 door shortbed F250 black and you've probably seen my quad, but just in case. #131 and I should be the ONLY black/blue Honda there.

040409c.jpg

Right on Scott I'll find ya. I already mailed the bucks for the electronic tag, just gotta pay for the gate, entry, and year's membership when I get there.

Open A, #157...I gotta find some 1's and cram 'em on my number plates somehow, hopefully the e-tag will eliminate any probs reading 'em. I'll be rolling in a white Dodge 1-ton dually flatbed...

I gotta work until noon Saturday, so plan is to be in Cisco around 7pm Texas time, check in and sign up, maybe get a practice lap in if they let me, then drivin' on to Kennedale (almost to Dallas!) to stay with my dad. Then drivin' back to Cisco in the morning in time for the rider's meeting, racin' at 9, drive back to Roswell Sunday afternoon...long haul for a weekend heh.

Should be a good race tho, weather looks good and I'm anxious to see if I can keep up. I'll scope out that forum, already saw one guy I know gonna be at that race, Ocie from Carlsbad on his YFZ along with his sons and a couple others. Saw on the flyer they're having drags, wheelie contests, and a poker run Saturday, wish I could get there earlier...

I gotta work until noon Saturday, so plan is to be in Cisco around 7pm Texas time, check in and sign up, maybe get a practice lap in if they let me, then drivin' on to Kennedale (almost to Dallas!) to stay with my dad.  Then drivin' back to Cisco in the morning in time for the rider's meeting, racin' at 9, drive back to Roswell Sunday afternoon...long haul for a weekend heh.

354180[/snapback]

:o Holy Shiz! Lots of driving. Open A, huh? I'm still squeezing out as much of the B class as I can. I won't go until someone makes me..... :rolleyes: I have no idea how this track is laid out. I'm sure there's got to be a wood's section, David always has a tight ass one, but who knows. I heard it's fairly open tho. Let the Honda wind up a bit.... :) There's a chick in my class who was third in the TX GNCC only to Traci Cecco and Steph Partons, and she was like 5th overall in the morning class. She's wicked fast, so I've been conditioning.... well, with Margaritas anyway. :D

Cool, I look forward to catchin up with ya. If I can do something for you, just let me know. You can probably keep your quad and trailer with the group from my town if you want, that's what I'll do, just leave my quad there with them. You can get some practice in before the morning race as well. Just get up there at 7 or so.

Scott

903-651-5151 Cell

Heh yeah I'm sure I'll regret going into the A class but I coulda sworn I saw something about running the same class as elsewhere...mebbe that was the GNCC that said that, oh well (here with NMDRC all we have is Novice, Amateur, and Pro, I'm in Amateur this year). I'll still have a good time racin' even if I finish dead last :evil:

I appreciate it man, same goes for you guys, if ya need anything lemme know. I'm not takin' a trailer this time so shee is stayin' on the truck all the way to big D, but I'll try to find ya in the pits when I get there. See ya in a couple days, here's my cell:

505-626-5013

What you talkin about Wilis? What happened to ya Scott? I came back from gettin dad water at the end and you had hauled ass already. Give us the info, dad said he saw you sitting at the bottom of the turn by the creek bed. You didnt break anything did ya, I mean on you or the quad? I caught some lucky breaks or id been screwed.

Unlike some others.....  :bolt:

356886[/snapback]

Yeah it was a great time, was good to meet ya and see what Texas cross-country is like heh. They have the times posted already, just waitin' for the pics.

I remember that nasty uphill/rut thing, you weren't the only one that had trouble, I passed a guy there that took out that bush on the outside of the turn.

BansheeJen I don't think I had a chance to meet you at the race (or did I?? sorry still recovering from the race and long drive home). That sucks but hopefully at the next one, I was kinda pressed for time on this weekend. I still had a good time and liked the track, it's like nothing else I've been on, can't wait to see the next course.