right side falling off?

reas11

To put it cut and dry i haven't rode my quad since coal fest.. i started it up today the airfilter is dirty and all .. actually the whole quad is dirty .. but after i started it the right side is not producing the same exhaust as the left this is a fresh rebuild maybe with 8 hours on it .. what causes this i'm guessing a clogged pilot jet .. any other opinions are welcome.. throw some out there fellas ..

What's up stranger!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, with the dirt and water we rode through and those pod filters you had it's probably dried up in the carb. You could have crud in the plugs and plug wires too. It was a sloppy mess. Maybe your filter is still full of coal dust... lol.

Anyway, with the dirt and water we rode through and those pod filters you had it's probably dried up in the carb.

351119[/snapback]

I had a dirty outerwear cause my right cylinder to drop off under load. It would idle fine but when I gave it gas the right side choked and quit running :shrugani: Clean those filters and carbs and give it another try :cheers:

Well i guess i didn't clean them good enough....i tore it apart tonight to check everything inside the carbs again....the pilot jet was clean but the shoot that it goes into was alittle cloged....now it rips real good. Feel like my chest got 20lbs of presure off of it just knowing what the problem was and fixed it..... :dance:

What's up stranger!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, with the dirt and water we rode through and those pod filters you had it's probably dried up in the carb. You could have crud in the plugs and plug wires too. It was a sloppy mess. Maybe your filter is still full of coal dust... lol.

351119[/snapback]

haha thats right it was me and u tearin it up while jasons chain kept popping off damn rodney thats how long its been since i rode this beast can u imagine almost a year has gone by already ...

• 2 weeks later...

my fears are confirmed toasted the right side.. piston is all scarred up.. cylinders need to be bored once again. after i cleaned the carbs i took the reeds out to make sure they werent cracked.. i looked in the right cylinder and saw the piston had a few nicks in it, so i pulled the head to make sure the rings were in good shape thats when i started to cry. its toasted.. need a topend kit a bore and new domes .. :cry: