Toluene Fuel Mixtures

For anyone interested in running Toluene race fuels, Here are a few tables I compiled a while back.

For 5 gallons of gas

OCTANE | Toluene in Gallons

91 0

92 .23

93 .5

94 .75

95 1.1

96 1.4

97 1.8

98 2.2

99 2.7

100 3.3

101 4

102 4.7

103 5.5

104 6.6

105 7.8

I originally made the tables for turbo cars. If anyone wants more numbers crunched, I can make a graph for it.

While on the topic, what effect does running straight toluene have on a shee? It's not very good for our modern cars because of emissions equipment and the like, but I'm not all the knowlegeable about it's effect on small engines. Leme know.

I used to run toluene/pump gas mix in my turbo acura with 17psi. I used to have a book called maximum boost by Corky Bell and it had some info about toluene. In the book he said you shouldnt run 100% toluene because it would be hard to start or something. You can also use xylene, lowes sells it and xylene is 117 octane. I think toluene is 114 or there abouts.

Edited by 1800bigk

When I go to the paint store to buy the toluene. What is it called. I mean, what is the trade or brand name to ask for. When I ask them, I get a dull stare. They think i'm gonna go cook some meth or something.

348508[/snapback]

Toulene is just that....toulene.

If they don't know, then go to a different paint store.

Its like asking the guy at the Chevron Convenience store what gas is. If he doesn't know, knock his ass out and steal a bunch of candy.

I used to run toluene/pump gas mix in my turbo acura with 17psi.  I used to have a book called maximum boost by Corky Bell and it had some info about toluene.  In the book he said you shouldnt run 100% toluene because it would be hard to start or something.  You can also use xylene, lowes sells it and xylene is 117 octane.  I think toluene is 114 or there abouts.

348497[/snapback]

Yeah, if you run straight Toluene it can be difficult to start because of the high firing point of toluene.

Find a painter friend, they usually can get these chemicals at great discounts.