Moose Thumb Throttle

XxMeltIcexX

Hey...XX. Not trying to hijack or crap on this thread, but I'm looking for a similar answer.

Just got a motion pro twist and TORS removal/Idle speed screw kit put on mine.

Going to trail ride a bit with the buds, and I'm thinking a thumb might tame the beast a bit.

I hope to find one that will work with the Motion Pro cable that came with the twist....

Let me know if you get a good answer, and I'll do the same...

Hey, has anyone tried the moose thumb throttle? I need to get a thumb throttle, and i dotn wanna put stocker back on, so i'm just wonderin. Oh, and does it work with stock thumb throttle cable?  :huh:  <_<

Eric  :cheers:

346101[/snapback]

yes it will work with a stock cable. do you need the thumb throttle lever only or do you need the thumb throttle body and lever (whole assembly)? if you need just the lever then you should look into getting a cascade lever, they start at $35. it's about an inch longer than stock which will help with thumb fatigue. it's billet and it comes with a sealed bearing which help with the smoothness. www.cascade-innovations.com

I haven't gotten the throttle yet...a little problem with payment/shipment issue.

I haven't gone out and bought a new cable yet, even though Motion Pro tech support told me their twist cable will NOT work with any thumb, OEM or aftermarket, I'm still leaning on a prayer...

Only way to know for sure is when it's here...and ready to go on.

I'll post back once It's in my greasy paws...

No difference...sorry to dig up the old...boys.

I got a used 350X thumb throttle...which, I thought would be the same. Instead...I don't think it is.

I'm going to off it, and just hunker down and get the Moose or Terrycable thumb throttle.

Seriously...I got a brand new twist, Motion Pro. Sure was nice...but, since I plan on trailin' it with my 450R buddies...I'd probably end up in a tree...

So...got the thumb...and it's no easier than I remember. Too bad I sold off my stock thumb throttle...I would've liked to compare.

Oh, and of course while I was at Magic, I had to get the kit, Protapers, thumb cable AND a new rear grab bar.

Might need a singles forum here pretty soon...:)