EASTER

You misquoted me.

And as a refresher, do you know what the 10 commandments are?

348537[/snapback]

hey holyman, id be real curious to hear the answers behind banshee04le's questions to you. how bout giving us a peek into how you were raised and what lead you to the point where youre at today in your beliefs and how you lead your life.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You misquoted me.

And as a refresher, do you know what the 10 commandments are?

348537[/snapback]

I took your quote out of context, but I did not misquote you...it is verbatim.

Yes, I know them, what is your point? What about my other questions?

Did you receive gifts or candy on holidays when you were a kid? Are you damned

for that? Are your parents/gaurdians damned for buying you gifts? Do you have any fond memories of Christmas or Easter as a child? Why would you begrudge your

children that? I do not believe that it would help their faith if they are ostresized by their peer group for your unconventional, yet convenient, beliefs. I'm sure their friends have asked "what did you get for Christmas".

your kid: Nothing, my dad doesn't believe in Christmas.

other kid: Are you Jewish?

Your kid: No.

other kid: wow, your dad is a cheap ass!

Your kid: Yeah, he's weird...I'm going to rebel soon.

All I'm saying is that unless you are living a completely sin free life holy, then I would say your views on this are selectively convenient. If you don't want to be bothered with the stress of having to shop for holiday gifts for your loved ones that is fine, I just do not believe that you should justify it as God's mandate.

hey holyman, id be real curious to hear the answers behind banshee04le's questions to you. how bout giving us a peek into how you were raised and what lead you to the point where youre at today in your beliefs and how you lead your life.

brooke loves me :wub:

Well holyman all I can say is that no where in the 10 commandments does it say thou shalt not buy the kids Easter candy or thou shalt not buy thy loved ones Christmas gifts or thou shalt not vote.

The first of the 10 commandments is that "you should not have another God against my face". God condemned the pagans because they worshipped the things he created instead of worshipping the creator. Because of this I will not intentionally give him any reason to even question my dedication. Notice I said intentionally. I make mistakes every day and because he personifies love, I am confident that he can forgive me for those mistakes. Hypocrisy however is a form of lying because a person says one thing and does another. Hypocrites purposely say or do things to make others think in a way that is not true. Because God has condemned lying, there is no way he could acccept intentional lying from any of his servants. If he condemned people for lying but then accepted liars, he would be a liar/ 2face himself. God has given each person with a conscience. That conscience is the basis for many of the basic laws around th world. Lying is frowned upon in every civilization around the world. No if a man dedicates himself to a woman but every year on their anniversary he goes and has sex with his old girlfriend, how is he faithful? He still wants to be married, he has not pursued a divorce, still claims to love his wife. But annually he prove his treacherous intent by sleeping with other women. Even if it's once a year, it's still wrong. What you don't seem to be understanding is that no matter what you say, what you are doing shows what kind of person you are inside. The bible says that if you are "faithful in least, you are faithful in much". This is the same reason I would never vote. The bible says over and over again not to put your trust in humans yet millions of "christians" every year do exactly that. This too is treachery. To say you serve god but at the same time put your faith in a foolish man is to spit in the face of god. Which is a move I never intend to try.

Did that answer it for you?

rj said it himself... faith without works is dead.

(Hebrews 10:26-29) 26 For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, 27 but [there is] a certain fearful expectation of judgment and [there is] a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition.

sooo... care to revise that?

348504[/snapback]

What is "dead". If you are saved, yet you turn your back on God and do not nurture your relationship with him by hanging out with other Christians, reading the Bible, attending Church your relationship will be dead and you will not show any signs that you are different than anyone else. All that will be different between you and a unsaved person will be the pit in your stomache and the constant tugging of the Holy Spirit on your soul to return to God, neither of which can be seen by other people. That is the point to that passage. You are still saved, Jesus still paid the price and you accepted that but your relationship is dead and you will show no growth and the fire you had early on will fade till nobody knows who you are.....a child of God

Hebrews,

26. If we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins.

What is knowledge? The knowledge of Christ and his sacrifice and the salvation He alone provides. Once a person has this knowledge that Christ died for them and they chose to ignore it going on in sin, there is no forgiveness. I also think this applies to those who think like I mentioned before, "I'll just say this prayer in case there is a god, that way after I live my life the way I want to and die, I will still get into heaven".

RJ

Are you kidding me? You did not answer the questions...they are right above you.

I won't argue theology with you because there is too much semantics involved for anyone to declare victory, which therefore leads to self righteousness...and then

I might start calling myself holyman or something :rolleyes: .

which therefore leads to self righteousness...and then .

I might start calling myself holyman or something  :rolleyes: .

348568[/snapback]

hahahahahaha MOVE BITCH GET OUT THE WAY!!

will u be my new best friend??

Matt. 24:13,

brooke loves me :wub:

What you don't seem to be understanding is that no matter what you say, what you are doing shows what kind of person you are inside. This is the same reason I would never vote. The bible says over and over again not to put your trust in humans yet millions of "christians" every year do exactly that. This too is treachery. To say you serve god but at the same time put your faith in a foolish man is to spit in the face of god. Which is a move I never intend to try.

348561[/snapback]

What you are inside before Salvation is a sinner. What you are after Salvation is a sinner Saved by Grace through Jesus. Being saved does not make us any better than the next person.

As to the president, 1Peter 2:13-17

Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether to a king as teh one in authority, or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right. For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignoracne of foolish men. Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bondslaves of God. Honor all men; love the brother hood, fear God honor the king.

I believe it is our responsibility to vote, to take part in decisions that affect our nation. I also believe kings are appointed by God. Allowed to remain in Office and used to complete his will.

To work I go....

RJV

Holyman:

This is the same reason I would never vote. The bible says over and over again not to put your trust in humans yet millions of "christians" every year do exactly that.

RJV:

As to the president, 1Peter 2:13-17

Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether to a king as teh one in authority, or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right. For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignoracne of foolish men. Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bondslaves of God. Honor all men; love the brother hood, fear God honor the king.

Brooke:

hahahahahaha MOVE BITCH GET OUT THE WAY!!

Me:

:rotflmao:

Once again, another example of Holyman interpreting selectively for convenience IMO.

Holyman, God knows that your decision not to vote in this last election was because

YOU FEARED making the wrong decision in God's eyes, but you need not justify your lack of faith in that regard by rationalizing that God wouldn't have wanted you to vote in the first place. Those who were compelled with their hearts and faith to vote

did not necessarily offend God. Humble yourself.

Sorry for my absence. I will be reviewing the topics as we left them and I would like to know if I have missed anything so it can be addressed.

As I recall it was stated...

Once a person is "saved", there is no wrong they can do. Their salvation is guaranteed.

However, the bible states that a person must not only accept the knowledge of the bible and the sacrifice of Jesus, but they must continue in it... (1 John 2:1-6) 2 My little children, I am writing YOU these things that YOU may not commit a sin. And yet, if anyone does commit a sin, we have a helper with the Father, Jesus Christ, a righteous one. 2 And he is a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not for ours only but also for the whole world's. 3 And by this we have the knowledge that we have come to know him, namely, if we continue observing his commandments. 4 He that says: "I have come to know him," and yet is not observing his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in this [person]. 5 But whoever does observe his word, truthfully in this [person] the love of God has been made perfect. By this we have the knowledge that we are in union with him. 6 He that says he remains in union with him is under obligation himself also to go on walking just as that one walked.

I also recall the question being posed that if I accepted candy was I damned for that?

What you don't seem to understand is that any activity that goes against the simple rules in the bible is a treasonous act. I'm confident that it's been abundantly explained that Easter is a pagan festival. Because of that, observing any aspect of Easter is a sin. To willfully sin is unforgivable since it is a purposeful rejection of everything God stands for. To willfully sin is a way of rejecting God and adopting the Devil.

(1 John 3:4-8) 4 Everyone who practices sin is also practicing lawlessness, and so sin is lawlessness. 5 YOU know too that that one was made manifest to take away [our] sins, and there is no sin in him. 6 Everyone remaining in union with him does not practice sin; no one that practices sin has either seen him or come to know him. 7 Little children, let no one mislead YOU; he who carries on righteousness is righteous, just as that one is righteous. 8 He who carries on sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from [the] beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, namely, to break up the works of the Devil.

Many people will say that it's just a piece of candy but if it is a step away from pleasing God then it's a step I'm not willing to take. My parents have nothing to do with my behaviour and whether I fit in with everyone else is really beside the point. Each adult makes a decision as to the direction they want to go in life whether consciously or not.

God does not go looking for reasons to punish his children but he also does not tolerate willful disobedience. God is never unrighteous or unreasonable. So he protects the innocent and keeps the innocent from contamination by the wicked. Like any good parent, he will adjust the child with mild direction and cast off the unreformed. And for any child who truly loves their parent, obedience is not difficult, accidents are freely forgiven by the loving parent and the bond between the two grows stronger every day.

Like I said before, if you have any other questions, please post them in a clear order and I will be happy to reply.

Once a person is "saved", there is no wrong they can do. Their salvation is guaranteed.

However, the bible states that a person must not only accept the knowledge of the bible and the sacrifice of Jesus, but they must continue in it... (1 John 2:1-6)

2 My little children, I am writing YOU these things that YOU may not commit a sin. And yet, if anyone does commit a sin, we have a helper with the Father, Jesus Christ, a righteous one. 2 And he is a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not for ours only but also for the whole world's.

350500[/snapback]

Holy, he is writing "these things" which are found in 1John1:5-10.

5)And this is the message we have heard from HIm and announce to you that God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all. 6)If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet wlk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice truth,7) but if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

This is stating if you as a Christian (because that is who he is addressing...Christians) are not saying "I am good with God" yet you are falling on your face in sin all the time....then you are not good with God and you are not in fellowship with him. Verse 7 states the other side, If we as a Christian are walking in the light the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.

8)If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9)If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to frogive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10)If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and his word is not in us.

He is reminding the congregation of who they are and what they are. This was a time of gnostic teachings that were challenging the Diety of Jesus. John was pointing out that these false teachers were saying one thing yet living something completely different. They claimed to be "Christian" but denied Christ.

Also Read Romans Chapter 7:14-25

Also Read Romans Chapter 8:2-14

Also Read Romans Chapter 10:9

Also Read Hebrews Chapter 10:1-18.

Psalm 103: 8-14 verse 12 in particular "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us"

Holy I admire your compassion and comittment to your beliefs. I ask you this point blank, Do you trust Jesus Christ as your personal saviour? Or do you trust Jesus Christ for part of your salvation and yourself for the other half? What I mean is do you think you have to perform at a certain level for Jesus to really be able to save you? In a previous post you stated you believe in Jesus with everything in you, but you did not say he is your personal Saviour and that you trust him completely for your salvation. Also, as to a "religion" I would have to affiliate myself with Babtist, though I simply consider myself a Christian and attend a non-denominational church now. What "religious" affilliation do you have?

RJV

RJV

Edited by rjvoight