powder coating

97banshee350

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a quote at the local shop here in So. Cal... Quoted me $350 to sandblast and powdercoat the frame. (2 Stage Candy Red...w/ Chome PC base). I asked and he said he'd PC my clutch cover too, no charge. (cover matching the frame with billet inserts...look cool, you think?)

Thought it sounded "decent"... should I looks around So Cal some more?

Maybe I'll take down my springs and a few other doo-dads and see what he give me!

Just wondering... what do ya guys think of my color sceme & graphic ideas?

For all you Socal-ers, There is a place in Pico Rivera called Impereal powder coating. I just called them and they said for prep and pc it is 150, now thats for blk,slvr,chrm,wht. For the other colors that need a clear are just a bit more.

Now I just need to figure out what color I want. :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

I had some jackass quote me like $375 for my frame and $100 for my swingarm and carrier. This was for just black. I hung up! I got the frame, swingarm, carrier, rotor and sprocket hubs done for $225. This was acceptable!

For all you Socal-ers, There is a place in Pico Rivera called Impereal powder coating.  I just called them and they said for prep and pc it is 150, now thats for blk,slvr,chrm,wht. For the other colors that need a clear are just a bit more. 

Now I just need to figure out what color I want. :confused:

362226[/snapback]

I called the guys at Imperial today... may have been just a one time thing, but they seemed very unprofessional on the phone. Called 3 Times...first time: said he'd call back in 20 min with a quote. He Didn't! Second time: he was playing "dumb" like he couln't understand me...seems he had better things to do.I hung up! Third time: put me on hold and forgot to pick-up again! I Gave up! EVENTUALLY, he called me back with a quote but I had to explain everything and every part I wanted done. Seems he still didn't know what he was talking about and was trying to sell me on a "primer", but he quoted me $250 to powdercoat the frame, a-arms, and clutch cover a candy Red (2-stage). Seemed unprofessional... I wouldn't take it to him if He quoted me $20!! I'm sorry!! :shootself::yank:

I did however get a list of about 15 other PC shops in the so-cal area! and called them all! Was near closing time so I only got about of about 5 or 6 but I left messages with the rest. I got a quote from Hawk Industry Products in Covina to sandblast and powdercoat my frame a-arms and clutch cover. And that was a Candy color (Candy Red)!!! He quoted me $175! Not too shabby!

One shop in Lancaster quoted me $400 bucks!!! :whoa: Stay away from here...they're expensive! Cheapest was $350.

I also talked to the owner of Primo Powder Coating & Sandblasting in Huntington Beach! He couldn't give me a quote 'cause he has a manager that takes care of everything for him and he's out until Tuesday, but he was a VERY COOL guy and said he'd call back when he got ahold of the shop manager. He dd say it would probably be around $180-$200, but he was just guessing. He was very professional on the phone and talked about his shop, the volume and quality they do, and their experience. Really great guy!! If the actual cost is anywhere close to what he quoted me, I'll likely be taking my parts to them! Seemed to be the only shop that really knew their stuff! :notworthy:

And by the way... Primo Powder Coating was the only shop I got ahold of that knew what a "Banshee" was when I mentioned it. It was funny... the guy that answered the phone first, when I told him I wanted a quote on PCing a Banshee frame, he said "A Banshee? My Favorite...." *LOL* Donno if he was joking or not, but he at least knew what I was talking about, so they at least know their stuff!! :headbang:

I can email a list of the shops to anyone that wants them. Just send me an email! Or you can find them on "Super pages" B)

• 2 weeks later...
I also talked to the owner of Primo Powder Coating & Sandblasting in Huntington Beach! He couldn't give me a quote 'cause he has a manager that takes care of everything for him and he's out until Tuesday, but he was a VERY COOL guy and said he'd call back when he got ahold of the shop manager. He dd say it would probably be around $180-$200, but he was just guessing. He was very professional on the phone and talked about his shop, the volume and quality they do, and their experience. Really great guy!! If the actual cost is anywhere close to what he quoted me, I'll likely be taking my parts to them! Seemed to be the only shop that really knew their stuff!

And by the way... Primo Powder Coating was the only shop I got ahold of that knew what a "Banshee" was when I mentioned it. It was funny... the guy that answered the phone first, when I told him I wanted a quote on PCing a Banshee frame, he said "A Banshee? My Favorite...."  *LOL*  Donno if he was joking or not, but he at least knew what I was talking about, so they at least know their stuff!!

Impressed on phone... yeah. Impressed in person... NOT AT ALL!

I had worked a few extra hours this week so I could take off early and drive down to huntington beach to pik up my stuff. Then, just in case, Called the shop today...

Called them up this morning and it's not ready!! Keep in mind I dropped my stuff off 2 1/2 WEEKS ago!! They said 3-5 days!! Seems they screwed up my PowderCoat! Apparently they got thier racks switched and PC'd one whole rack blue and the other all Candy Red. Well my frame and parts are supposed to be candy red, but apparently they got PC'd blue. SOOOO, they had to strip it all back down and are schedule to re-shoot it on Monday!! Needless to say, I'm a little pissed! I realize mistakes happen, but I was supposed to pick it up a week and a half ago!! You'd figure they'd at least put a rush on it or call and let me know or something!

Had my WHOLE day figured out... had made plans for the day, and a few stops while I was down there, and well... my day got totally SCREWED up!!! All I can say, is it better be worth it!!

Since it has already been stripped again, I told them to go ahead and spray it with the Candy Red "Sparkle". All I can say, is with all this trouble, I better get a free upgrade (to the sparkle) or a discount. banghead:angry: Not a happy camper!