When you guys race, do you use the clutch?

01bansheefox

I rarely ever use the clutch while im riding ... period. Only times I do is out of a turn/berm ... starting, or shifting. Oh, and when im in the air and i hit the back brake, cause if not , the quad dies, and all goes silent while your in the air then BAM you smack the landing. I found that out. So now i hold the clutch when i hit the back brake

Heard some people talking about it just slows you do, they just pin it and shift.

344775[/snapback]

I have been ridding for quite some time now (almost 20 years) and with the exeption of starting, I very rarely use the clutch.

• 2 weeks later...

i use the clutch alot in the desert races..if you feather it right you can use it like a lower gear with out having to shift..I.E. pulling up into a tight wash or out of a wash rip on the clutch and it will bring the banshee right into the power band and shoot you out like a bullet..it takes some getting used to but once you learn just how and when to do it you will love it....a great time to do it is right as you start to pass another rider on the track be it a mx track or open desert..not only will it sling shot you right past them but it kicks up just enough dirt to cause them to slow down a bit and make the paass stick..