Anyone have the new Elka Dune shocks yet?

sheeweet

Got 'em last month, right before a week trip to Glamis. Nice shock for the price ($450). Unfortunately I saw on the sticker what Elka charged my vendor and it was like $200. Steamed me up a little to pay that kind of markup.But they are still on the low end for quality aftermarket shocks and a massive improvement over the stockers. Were I to buy them again, I would ask Elka if they sell to the public (probably not).

you can buy direct from Elka, but the price is going to be on par with what the distributors sell em for. around 450.00 sounds about right. But at least when you buy em from Elka there is less of a chance of getting them valved and sprung wrong.

Got 'em last month, right before a week trip to Glamis. Nice shock for the price ($450). Unfortunately I saw on the sticker what Elka charged my vendor and it was like $200.  Steamed me up a little to pay that kind of markup.But they are still on the low end for quality aftermarket shocks and a massive improvement over the stockers. Were I to buy them again, I would ask Elka if they sell to the public (probably not).

338677[/snapback]

$450 for a set of front Elka's? :unsure: Is that because they don't have ZPS and I assume you didn't get them with rezzies?

I have a set with alba pro-comp +2+1 arms....Only one ride on them so far..seem much smoooooother than stock on hard pack.(Anything is better than stock) I will keep you updated as I ride more. Plaining a dune trip soon so I will give feed back then. D ;)