Charging to get into State Parks now

What state? They've been doing it in Missouri for a while. Look at the bright side at least they can pretend to put the money into the trails. For boats they sometimes charge ramp fees... and all that money doesn't make the water any smoother. I'm not convinced it does much for the ramp either.

-Bill

How would you like to be in Erie County, NY. They just CLOSED EVERY county park because of their fiscal budget bull. I could go on and on about that. It's national news. A friggin clusterhell. And State parks, they charge here for every one I've been too.

The MI state parks have gone up I do believe... plus, they're more now for out-of-state folks than in-state folks. I just ante up for the $20 or $25 for the yearly deal and end up using it like 30 times a summer at least.

I don't mind a few extra bucks in the year, IF it is going towards something useful... but yeah, how are we to know...?

i found that pretty funny. i have experienced the boat launch ramps and there fees. they charge $15 to launch and $5 to park. dumping the boat in aint to bad. but taking it out man.. your trailer is so crooked you try to pull your boat out the thing looks like its gonna tip over. :wacko: not bad for sea-doos but for 24'ers its a little skeptical :unsure: .

these public boat launches get mad heads droping the boats in and they can't even get a decent ramp. :shootself: