I bought a 95 ZX-7R

MudDuck

I have always rode Suzuki GSXR's but decided to pick up a used ZX-7R this weekend. Was wondering if anyone here has owned any of these bikes and is there a difference in the ZX-7 and ZX-7R?? Ohh by the way this things weighs as much as a Water Buffalo compared to a Gixxer! Thanks.

I had a 96' ZX-7R...It was OK...In comparrison to my 96' Gixxer it was a POS, plain and simple no comparrison. All the same it was fun to ride as are all bikes, but not even close to being in the same league...

BTW...Mine was stolen...THEN I bought the Gixxer and I was shocked at the power differance. Both carbed...Both 750's...WTF???? Should at least be close...uh uh....

Brad

I'm a Yamaha guy. If I was riding a street machine it wold be an R1 or, ofcourse, the RZ350.

331289[/snapback]

me too (yamaha guy)...had an R1.....if i could afford it, my next bike would be an R7..... :cheers: ... :notworthy:

I owned a ZX-7R. Suspension, engine, basically the entire bike was different from a 7R to a 7. And y'all that are comparing power, even though the 7R may be a slight bit heavier to the cometition of that year, the bike handled PHENOMINAL. I had NO problem beating, and/or keeping up with the ol' boys at the track. A 7R is a very solid machine. That bike will flat out handle. Well, the '96+ will. The 95's and previous were not so swell. But good for what they are.... Different frame.