CDI

89Steeda

I was always under the impression that I could take any year CDI and change the plug to whichever Banshee I had and it would work. Now I was told that the later models(aftermarket) will not work on the 87. Whats the scoop?

330269[/snapback]

First I heard of it? I'm running the Dyna on my '87 I thought the only difference was the plugs too. Does it say anything in the Clymers electrical section?

the clymers show another wiring diagram for '02 and later.. the main difference I see is that the earlly models have a loop ground meaning to me that everything is grounded back to the harness and only being grounded at the regulator.. The later models 02 and on show ground wires being grounded at the tors, CDI, park switch, lights, etc...

that's what I see being different....

:cheers:

I was always under the impression that I could take any year CDI and change the plug to whichever Banshee I had and it would work. Now I was told that the later models(aftermarket) will not work on the 87. Whats the scoop?

330269[/snapback]

The 97 and up have an additional wire that is for the parking brake switch, so that it will rev limit. Other than that, and the connectors, they are all pretty much the same. The break down for connectors are 87-94 are the same, 95-96 are the same, and 97-05 are the same.

I keep hearing from people that the 87 and 88 are different, but have yet to see anything different about one. FWIW, Dyna sells one module for 87-94. I think if the 87-88 had some extra difference, I'd have heard about it by now.

Brad