Polish or Chrome

BajaShee3189

I am new to here. :blink: I already have a question :confused: . I recently ordered a PRM Bumper but i dont know what to do, Chrome or Polish? I looked for posts on this but did not find much. I greatly apreciate your help.

328279[/snapback]

Well it's of course personal preference. Chrome is obviously easier to maintain and it has a higher gloss finish. Though a good polish job and most people can't tell it's not chrome. Once chrome is scratched it's pretty much there to stay as where bare aluminum can be repolished. Chrome doesn't adhere to aluminum as well as it does steel and if it's scratched or peeling, you really have no other choice than to have it rechromed. My personal preference is to polish anything that can be polished and chrome only steel parts.

Im too lazy to keep polishing parts after they get dirty. If you got chrome, you can just wipe it off.  :shrugani:

328318[/snapback]

I agree. Especially on something like a bumper where you can't get in there easily to polish. Thats one reason I havent started offering bumpers yet because I can't figure out how to get them polished chemically or other wise. Wheels won't cut it I'm afraid, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna polish them by hand lol....

Like RNBRAD said if you scratch chrome it's pretty much there to stay. You can also chip it and it will start coming off. Polishing my take some time but you can polish it again after you scratch it or something and not have to get it re-chromed if it was chrome originally. I my opinion the only thing chrome that I like is the exhuast. I get parts that might get scratched or damaged in aluminum and dress up stuff in polished aluminum.

I prefer Polished Alum for the reasons already mentioned. All ya gotta do to prevent exposure/dullness of your hard work is to Seal the job up with a sealer. One that has worked well for me is called ZOOP Seal...It does not yellow like a clear coat, it is not a wax or a polish, it is simply a sealer that delves deep into the pores of the metal and it holds on pretty damn good.

Do a Google for ZOOP...I recomend anyone that has put any work into polishing to try it or something similar.

Chrome is nice and all but it is not gonna last like a Polished part will that is Sealed properly.

Brad