Drag setup ?

Rattlehead

I raced in West Virginia just for the fun of it and it loved it. I have a 92 Banshee with a 2 into 1 trinity carb kit, trinity cool head , pro design adjustable ignition plate. I have it bored 30 over. I would like to get a motor kit for it that I can use for drags/ hill climbs but still be able to get out on a fast trail or take it to the dunes. I have looked at Vito's mono block 404 kit, Trinity's Cheetah kit . Should I spend the cash or just throw a +4 styroker crank in it? Trinity also has a 420 kit which I would just send them my cylinders and they will bore and port them. Is 420 too much? I am just looking for a starting point. I don't want to buy something and be sorry I spent the cash later. I would like to keep it around 400cc's though. Please help if possible. Thanks ...

Dan

where in west virginia you drag race?theres a place called thunder valley dirt drags in wv i'm going to try when they open

322000[/snapback]

Blueshee03 are a nice track in wayne, Wv . The track name is R&R dragway the

phone is (304) 385-4604 0r (304) 385-4625 the guy that run name is Roland.

We have two track in kentucky were I live Little Sandy Dragway and B&M Dragway . they are nice tracks. :bolt:

:bolt:

I raced in West Virginia just for the fun of it and it loved it. I have a 92 Banshee with a 2 into 1 trinity carb kit, trinity cool head , pro design adjustable ignition plate. I have it bored 30 over. I would like to get a motor kit for it that I can use for drags/ hill climbs but still be able to get out on a fast trail or take it to the dunes. I have looked at Vito's mono block 404 kit, Trinity's Cheetah kit . Should I spend the cash or just throw a +4 styroker crank in it? Trinity also has a 420 kit which I would just send them my cylinders and they will bore and port them. Is 420 too much? I am just looking for a starting point. I don't want to buy something and be sorry I spent the cash later. I would like to keep it around 400cc's though. Please help if possible. Thanks ...

Dan

321992[/snapback]

Passion Racing Engine's 12 port stroker.

http://passionracingengines.com/Services.html

Get ahold of Jim (passionre) here on the board.

Last year I raced for the fun of it at Rolling Thunder Near Logan. My wife and I travel to W.V. when tha Hatfield McCoy trail system has organized events. I can't remember what month it was. We are usually at everyone they host. A ride is coming up in a few months which we will be there. I also got to meet Mike Penland at one of the events. It's alot of fun. I wish there were events like that here in PA. Rolling thunder let everyone camp out in the race park for that event. Pretty cool.

Thay sure do. We'll be at the next one coming up too. It's just pretty cool cuz there really isn't anything around here like that. I'm in Pa If I didn't mention. There is a place in Rew PA called the Majestic Trails that hosts rides and has about 27 miles of trails and an MX track up on the mountain. We went to pig roast there about a year ago. I just like the whole camping and riding for days on end. We also go to Croom in Florida every year between X-mas and New Years, but it's always packed.

Dan

321992[/snapback]

It all depends on how much money you want to spend... You could start with a Cheetah Cub or 420 kit or go for a full-blown Cheetah kit up to 610cc.

The real question is "How much horsepower do you want?" :)

Thay sure do. We'll be at the next one coming up too. It's just pretty cool cuz there really isn't anything around here like that. I'm in Pa If I didn't mention. There is a place in Rew PA called the Majestic Trails that hosts rides and has about 27 miles of trails and an MX track up on the mountain. We went to pig roast there about a year ago. I just like the whole camping and riding for days on end. We also go to Croom in Florida every year between X-mas and New Years, but it's always packed.

325710[/snapback]

The owners of Majestic Trails, Brenda and Tom Fitch, visited the HM Trails in 2003 and stayed with us. They are fine people. I speak to her occassionally. I look forward to another visit from them.

you wouldn't be able to use hardly any of the stuff you already have.....you have to suit everything on the motor to the size of it. and serious case mods. must be done. (epoxy)