Why do people cut off there FRONT FENDER FLARES

MeanHoTRoD_93883

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the advantage of cutting your front fender flares will the aero dynamics  matter will your banshee be faster whith no fender flares or shaved ones? :wacko:

318018[/snapback]

Hell yeah it's like adding 20hp for free!!And it's an extra 15 for the rear!LOL

Racers often do it so they can see exactly where the tires are at. I did it partly for looks but afterwards, I realized how much easier it was to fly through tighter trails or XC courses.

Just do it and quit worrying about it... :cheers:

so people can eat mud, water, sand, when they ride. yeah the look nice but when you go thru a pasture thats been rained on and get enough roost off the fronts, it becomes a pain.

if racing, or sand dunes 24/7 i would go for it.but not when there is mud adn water involved i get tired of that crap on me

Just cut them.  It looks alot better and I honestly think that the ride is better.  I like to see where the front wheels are.

318259[/snapback]

Like tsuther said its cool to see your tires. Even more cool is to see your dual rate elka at work through some rough stuff.

Just cut em

so people can eat mud, water, sand, when they ride.  yeah the look nice but when you go thru a pasture thats been rained on and get enough roost off the fronts, it becomes a pain.   

if racing, or sand dunes 24/7 i would go for it.but not when there is mud adn water involved i get tired of that crap on me

318239[/snapback]

I agree. I think it comes down to personal preference. Mine arent cut yet, but I'm sure as soon as they start getting beat to hell i will cut them.

so people can eat mud, water, sand, when they ride.  yeah the look nice but when you go thru a pasture thats been rained on and get enough roost off the fronts, it becomes a pain.   

318239[/snapback]

So when you ride in mud you come back perfectly clean due to your front fenders? Last time I rode any mud I was just as dirty as the guy that had front fenders.