Thinkin bout a Project

hey guys, ive been thinking bout starting a project from scratch...i really want something exactly how i want it, so i figure this would be the best way to do it...i was curious on how much you guys would estimate it to cost when all said and done with powercoat/chrome, maybe some elkas/arms, and not much motor work...also would u reccommend buying a basket case and restoring this to how i want it...any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

building a banshee from the ground up will be very expensive. you would be best off to get a roller. elkas and a set of aftermarket a arms will run you upwards of a grand or so. not much motor work as in what? heads cost around 250 with domes, porting anywhere from 200 to 600 or so, reeds about 200 and so on...and if you were to build fro the ground up you are talking all the electrical, nuts, bolts, linkage, pegs, stem, radiator, bars, swinger, chain, hubs, break assembly, the list goes on...

Well I don't know the cost of every part on the banshee, but bolts and stuff aren't really an issue if you just buy one of those stainless kits for $100. Maybe he doesn't have the money for a Banshee and wants to build it from the ground up so that he can spread the cost out over the year...where are you from Legend?

I have two 88 models just sitting behind my barn. I would sell you one of those that would be pre-stripped down. Rolling chassis, and everything else in labled bags & boxes. Radiator, wiring, complete engine in a crate (I could give you specs on whats done to the engine if you want), plastics, seat, gas tank, carbs, everything that came off of it when it ran... for like $1000 You could use that...

J-Arm Frame. Good for a drag frame if that's what you are into.

bigred that sounds good but i currently only have about 500 bucks...also, I am not looking to drag, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much work/difficulty and expense is involved in a j to a arm conversion? thanks for the help guys...ohh and if u have any pics that you would be willing to port that would be great, also your location

I am in Wyoming. I didn't really understand what you were asking for in that last post. Did you want pics of the port work or what? As for the work involved in a J-arm to A-Arm conversion... if you can weld and are confident in doing your own work it can be as cheap as the price of the conversion kit. If you have someone else do it, it could get a little pricy.