2000 Banshee Engine #'s

JayFressh

I'm about to buy my second banshee, the price is right $1400, for a 2000, If I remember correctly they did make a red and white banshee in 2000? I want to verify this though, I figure the engine serial #'s should have some code pertaining to the year? Also I have my 98 down to the frame and can't seem to see locate frame #'s, anyone know where they are? And if they have any information pertaining to year? Any other information that would help me determine if this is a 2000 would help.

Now for the catch the current owner claims he has no title, I know 2000's are titled, he has a bill of sale, and is willing to have a new bill of sale notarized. This seems suspect to me, I know I can get it titled with a bill of sale I just don't want to catch a RSP case when I go to do this. I guess I really don't need a title though, I can always get my Ohio stickers on my 98 and swap fenders when needed. Any Ideas on how to check on the #'s if its stolen? Time is a factor as I'm going to buy on thursday. Thanks :headbang: