Difference between sparkplugs B8ES vs BR8ES?

richybanshee

In my 1996 shee I used B8ES Spark Plugs, while my new 2005 shee has BR8ES.

Any one knows what is the difference or purpose of the new plugs?

Thanks  :cheers:

308383[/snapback]

About 5 years back or more i read a article in dirt wheel mag you should run br8es plugs anytime that a cdi ignition is on boad. b8es can spike the cdi FUCK IT UP thats way the newer bikes they come with br8es

Thanks for posting this thread as I now have a lot of my questions answered . I had a 1990 shee & just got a 05 & noticed the difference in plugs called out in the manual. I posted a thread b8es vs. br8es but just got a lot of shrugged shoulders. :confused: So this has been helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
Why is your buddy running a BR9ES in  a banshee? :blink:  :confused:  its suppose to be a BR8ES!!

320333[/snapback]

I run a B8 on the left side and a B9 on the right side. The reason for this, is the right cylinder runs hotter than the left (heard this is because of how the water is routed through the water jackets?). All the cooler plug is going to do is lessen the chance of detonation, and thats why some use B9 while on the bottle. The plug I run though are a little different. When I got my shee it had B8EGV and they seem to work good, so now I run the B8EGV on the left and B9EGV on the right. Not sure what the GV stands for... It does seem to take quite a while to foul them out.

RIPPEN

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...