Jetting PT mids

Just wanted to update...I changed out my gearing, put the 15 tooth up front and swapped the main jets back to 280. I can feel a hell of a difference now! :dance: My issue was definitely in the gearing as well as me shifting too late. With the taller gear on there it's a lot easier to tell when the powerband is fading, hence, time to shift.

306196[/snapback]

It's amazing what taller gearing can do for a Banshee. It's like a whole new animal.

It IS amazing what 2 teeth on a sprocket will do for you, as long as you have the right combination to pull it. Thanks again guys for the help and support! :cheers:

306267[/snapback]

Your machine's not ported right? Like I said before, I'm running a 15/38 (equiv. to 16/41) and it's awesome right there. Now that you've ran your 15/41, maybe try a tad taller still and see where your machine likes it best. Maybe a 15/40, that seems to be a really good setup on some machines. Gearing is definitely trial and error, and you've tried. That's kick ass!! :headbang: Amazing how much low torque the banshee has and how smooth the powerband is with the PT Mids.

So... what's this all about.... tryin to copy me??? :D j/k I love my 2-1 carb setup and works awesome with the PT's. I'm also running 20 cc domes and that puts me right around the 158 mark. Stclark's cylinders would've been perfect. He sold them maybe a month ago on here They were on the 2nd set of pistons I think, with a fresh bore and a Gorr woods port. Would've been perfect. Same port I have.

I was at a 210 main jet on my keihen. That's just what I put in after the rebuild, using my guesstimation as to where I thought would be good. Being concerned that I may still be a little lean, tonight I jetted up to a 215 main and whaddyaknow... nice little wet bog action at 3/4 to full. Absolutely perfect to 1/2 and push her a little more and bwaaappapapwahhhh. So, it seems my "guesstimation" was dang near dead on at 210. Now, if they just made a 212 or something. :confused:

I have my timing set at +7 degrees and it kicks ass there, but I just got my Dyna in the mail so I'll be setting her back to 0 and installing that.

As far as sprockets, I buy the cheap ones and I keep 13, 14, 15 fronts and 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 and 43 rears in my toolbox at all times. I hate the 13 front, and really don't like a 14 either. Once the 15 went on, it's never came off. I'll run the course, see how she feels and may come back to gear up or down if the conditions warrant it. Tonight, I put the 39 back on because I couldn't get enough slack out of the chain for the 38.

Later.

So... what's this all about.... tryin to copy me???  :D  j/k 

306420[/snapback]

lol, my PT's are chrome :P Just messin with ya... I had been tossing the idea around in my head to go with this setup for a while, and when my top end needed to be done I figured what the hell, why not go ahead and splurge for the pipes too and get started. But you know what they say, great minds think alike! :cheers:

I had pm'd stclark about those cylinders, but unfortunately I was too late. I knew they wouldn't last long once he said he was selling them.

You're gonna have to post what you think of that ignition, I'm hearing more often about people running them, and am curious to see what kind of benefits you'll gain from adding it.

I know what you mean about the jets, I'm wishing they made a 285 main jet. Right now I think a 290 would be too rich and would give the same condition you were describing. I guess I could always *bore* out a set of 280's... :unsure:

I think the 40 rear sprocket is gonna be the ticket on my setup. I really like the way the 15 tooth helped lengthen the gears, but I'm thinking taking away a tooth in the rear would give it that little extra quickness shee needs :headbang:

pt mids....love them, I ran 27.5 pilots, with 280 mains, with a stock motor, and clamp on K&N filters, 15 tooth front,at sea-level, perfect set-up, then I went and put on these T-5 toomeys

(they look nice) and now I think the bike is slower, seems like no more top-end, then the PT's but lots less lowend/mid range (hence the name) then the PT mids...I guess it's time to port, add compression, timing, etc. the toomeys do look bitchin....

, then I went and put on these T-5 toomeys

(they look nice)  and now I think the bike is slower, seems like no more top-end, then the  PT's but lots less lowend/mid range (hence the name) then the PT mids...I guess it's time to port, add compression, timing, etc. the toomeys do look bitchin....

308297[/snapback]

Did you rejet the Toomeys? Different pipes will affect jetting differently. While you had a 280 with the PT's, you might need a 310 with the Toomeys, and there could be the reason for no top end, not enough fuel. :shrugani: