people with passions stroker and pj 34

wesw

i was wondering what needle and clip position, and mains you are running with this setup with the pj 34. they came with ceg, im thinking i need something different. whats your thoughts.

also what temp and elevation you all are at

I have been riding mine with the stock needle in stock position for a week now.  It has a very very slight mid range hesitation but nothing like it had with the stock carbs.  it is 40 degrees here.

304454[/snapback]

Wes,

You might want to try BEG. However, I suggest you get your main dialed in and your pilot circuit "somewhat" dialed in before you go to the needle. It helps narrow it down.

BG

Wes,

I want to add too, that the jetting is super sensitive. The final tune on mine, came down to a quarter turn of the airscrew. I'm not kidding! 2 turns, no good, 2.5 no good. 2.25, PERFECT!

I was actually making the mistake of being a little too "rough" in my jetting. My usual technique for jetting is to get them dialed in "rough" and then fine tune them. The problem with this setup is that the rough tuning is as sensitive as 1 jet size and the fine tuning actually came down to the airscrew.

Just something to keep in mind,

BG

Drop that damn main jet down and you won't need so lean of a needle.  CGL needles, 50 pilots, 155-165 mains depending on temp.

305037[/snapback]

well i hope your somewhat right cause i ordered some cgl and mains from 155-170 from sudco