Switchin to Draggin

JTQuad

Guys, what do you all think are the top 10 definite mods or parts needed when settng up a drag machine. Also can someone explain what kind of classes etc they usually run? Ill be running @ englishtown in jersey. Currently i have vito's 6hp pistons, long rod crank advanced timing,milled head, lightened flywheel, GRR Suicide drag pipes and 35mm PWK's with clamp on's. What are the next things i shoudl add. Also what is the deal with the over ride trannies? Thanks guys - JT

I would definetly get a drag port and put that thing on booze. An overide trans allows you to make full throttle shifts with out using the clutch or letting off the throttle. If you were to get that modification done go through Rudy Kurtz at port magic, from what i hear he is the best. Lightweight everything is good too.

Guys, what do you all think are the top 10 definite mods or parts needed when settng up a drag machine. Also can someone explain what kind of classes etc they usually run? Ill be running @ englishtown in jersey.  Currently i have vito's 6hp pistons, long rod crank advanced timing,milled head, lightened flywheel, GRR Suicide drag pipes and 35mm PWK's with clamp on's. What are the next things i shoudl add. Also what is the deal with the over ride trannies? Thanks guys - JT

302943[/snapback]

Lightening up your frame would help it out. A good swingarm is good to have. What kind are you running? A good set of Drag Ported cylinders. There is alot of stuff you can get that will help you out a lot, its just according to how much you want to spend.

The override is a very good thing.Rudy Kurtz is king,he was the first man to make them over 25 years ago.Chassis set-up is a big part of it.Lighter parts will help some.Stock frame is fine.Don't spend the money for an aftermarket frame unless you already have everything alse.Drag ported cylinders would be a big help,you will gain alot more than 6 hp.A wheelie bar is a nice piece of security to have.

An aftermarket ignition would help.I don't know about the classes at englishtown,But here we have 301-350cc stock and semi pro class 351-500 semi pro 500-open semi pro and top fuel quad.This is all heads up.

as of now there are no structured classes at e town. you got the pipes.if you need a drag port talk to the guy who built your pipes. he is building some of the fastest 350 banshees on nitrous in the country at the moment.he may be hard to get ahold of.

Nyuk, andy is a cool guy to deal with and so far always returned my calls in a timely fashion. Also he knew You and reas pretty well. Spent alot there huh lol. Anyway thanks everyone for the help. Also is there an age limit at englishtown? I have a neighbor 17 that is also wanting to get in drag racing "Legally" Thanks - JT

drivers liscense is all you need to be able to race at a strip.i will see you there, sundays on the 8th mile track.

303790[/snapback]

they will line you up against other quads. not many been showing up. there are more down atco. there are hundreds on beach st. here in philly.get your bike buttoned up and i will meet up with you.

When do they meet at beach street my gf's brother lives in philly and thats probably the only reason id go down with her lol Let me know and ill hook up with you man - JT

P.S. Still no sign of Reas huh?

P.S.S. does rudy kurtz have a website? I cant find one for port magic.

Edited by JTQuad