Got a new quad

I just found a Tecate 4 wed and I bought it yersterday for 400$ It has been sitting outside for a while but the frame was in good shape and the tires are in good shape too. The engine was slightly taken apart. The case cover for the clutch was exposed and it was rusted a little because it was sitting outside in this barn but the barn didn't have a roof. The head and cylinder were off too so the piston was exposed with the bottem end. I turned it upside down and a little water came out. I am sending the motor out today to a guy from the kawieriders.com site. I told him what was wrong with it and he said thats no big. He said he will give me really good used parts from other tecate 4's He said he had like 30 of them. Anyways he said that at the worse case meaning the transmision gears and everything was bad it would still only be about 400 dollars for him to get it like new. I said sweet. Cant wait to get it. Still love my shee though.

I will try and post some pics as soon as I can. Lately I have had a hard time because the file size has been to big. Anyways I plan on getting the frame sandblasted next week and then powercoated and painted a little later. I will get it right. Their so cool because like you said they are rare and hard to find. Also they are the only bike I know of to come with powervalves out of the factory. They said they produce 42 hp stock. Cant wait to get it running.

Nice find dude. Its fine that its not a Banshee. I wont say anything bad about a quad as long as your having fun with it. I wished I could find a deal like that around here since I only have 3 quads and could use another for a friend if I decide to bring someone along. Good Luck getting it going. Doing a full rebuild and fixing her up is almost as fun as riding.

Yeah, Im tickled pink to find it. I cant wait to get the motor back and try this baby out. The first quad I ever owned was a brand new 2001 blaster. I fixed it up and it wasn't enough. Got rid of it and got a 03 banshee, a real mans bike. But I have always wanted a 250 wether honda 250r or suzuki or tecate. Like you'll said, its such a rare find that I would have even paid twice what I did. But anyways, I will be getting the motor back next week by thursday or friday hopefully. Once I get it broke in I will run it against shee to see how it performs.