Maier Plastic

KRMit

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a set of the maier plastics with the fenders and I'm not crazy about how the front fits. It's not bad but definitely not as clean as I would want for spending the chunk of cash to buy em new....Thankfully I got mine used. It seems like they sit about an inch higher than stock plastics would, and the mount holes don't line up all that great. The radiator plastic doesn't fit that great either, simply because the front plastic doesn't fit good. I can't speak for the maier's that come race cut, but the ones with the fenders fit like doo doo. :shrugani: The rears fit pretty good, can't complain about those.....

mine are maier race cut fronts and look pretty good now.

They don't fit very well at all tho. I had to drill holes in the ends that go under the seat to get them to bolt up. I got em off Ebay for like 10 bucks, sanded em, primed em and painted em, they held up great for about a year but now the paint is starting to chip alittle bit here and there. I think they look fine most people think it's stock untill the look really close at the rib that is on the little fender part :P

Edited by 03LE

i use to have the maier race cut front and reg, rear and they looked great got alot of compements the only bad thing is you have to drill your own holes and they dont fit togather that well..other than that there nice, there plastic is alot more high-quality than it used to be its shiny now :D

i have red maiers and there kinda dull not shiny at all, but besides that there good i just got UFO so if your are interested i have a red set for sale tell me if your want some pics

300484[/snapback]

Thanks but I'm really looking for black.