Clutch and push rod problems

99,88banshee

I got this bike from a co-worker in a trade. well i put a new top end in it when i got, with vito power pistons and put a cool head on with 18 or 19cc domes on it. i was riding at the dunes last year when it felt like the clutch was slipping. so i went to put a new barnnet clutch in when i found that there wasn't a ball in the housing with the push rod. so I bought a ball to go in there. now the out side of the clutch wont go on. so ifigured i would then take the push rod out and see if the guy i worked with may have put a different one in there, well the rod must have a huge burr on the other end because it wont come out, but it does move a 1/4 inch or so freely. where should i start to fix this thing?

The ball welded itself to the rod.  Usually happens when you pull in the clutch in 6th gear and shift down to first or pull in the clutch going down a long hill.  Basically there's no easy way to get the focker out...just work at it.

298068[/snapback]

damn i do that all the time 6th to 1st with clutch in

• 3 weeks later...
This happened to me several times.  Finally I installed a pancake bearing in there to act like a throwout bearing.  Works awesome, and when you put it first gear you do not get that slam in the rear end like you do stock

304890[/snapback]

pancake bearing, never heard of it, how does this work, and i hate that slaming when it goes into first.

i have a rode bike too, and it does the same thing (slams into first). would it help my m-cycle too.

thanks