Raced cbr 600 tonight

I got sent a site some time ago about the weights and measures of these bikes from SportRider....

Do you have a site that lists HP and TQ numbers from previous years, but is up to date? The one I have stops at around 2003 I think for some bikes.

I have a feeling if my project bike goes well, I'm building a few more, and if there's something out there with enough nuts to turn 120mph in first, I'm sure it would spin some 25" Skat Hookers and send my ass up Sand Mountain at 80++......

298201[/snapback]

Stan, my gixxer hit 135hp and 60ft/lbs at 379lbs dry....The 600's are hitting around 100hp for the newer ones. I believe the old CBR's are only around 85hp and weighed around 394lbs..They may have weighed more...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kinda weird how no one has even mentioned what kinda times were ran at the 1/8th mile track you were racing at. most the piped only banshee's run low 9's @ upper 60mph range. not anywhere near fast enough to take down a 600 with even a shitty rider.

298290[/snapback]

On my shitty runs, I ran a 7.9 @ 99mph, later in the season I was pulling 6.6@104mph..

In that case, we got a few local banshees that could take you. What kinda 60ft. times do you get on the two wheeler?

298693[/snapback]

Best I got was a 1.53 or .54, can't remember I was running consistent 1.57's its been a couple of years. I'm sure you can build a shee to run a gixxer, street bikes are hard as hell to launch. I had to slip the clutch for 300' to get my best times, thats w/ 2 teeth down on the front sprocket and 5 teeth up on the rear. This is also w/ a +6" swingarm and slammed to the ground and still slipping the clutch to keep the front end down...The banshee would have better hookup and could really launch w/ a low weight frame and wheelie bar. Bikes can't touch sleds in the 1/8 mile. Sleds were running 1.0 in 60'!!! Then you got to take into consideration that these bikes are BONE STOCK... :unsure: 10 shot of NOS gives them 1 sec in the 1/4....I seen a turbocharged 929 pull 215hp on gas....He ran low 10's w/ the shittiest start I've ever seen. PUlled the front end up 3 times and letting out of the throttle. Ran 165mph in the 1/4 on the same run....This is my dyno guy, I'm trying to talk him into letting me take it for a pass or two.....hehe

Those are pretty good 60ft times. I'd imagine it would be alot harder/nearly imposible to get those sorta times with a stock length street bike. Best I can pull on my stock length banshee is a 1.95. Man an extended swinger would be nice. Drag strips hook so much harder than regular asphalt, there is almost no point in practicing on the street in front of my house.

ive only been out there once and when i ran i had a -2 swinger on but i think i did something like 7.8 @80 not exactly sure on the times but i know it was about that,i was having to literally role out off the line to keep from flipping over but i enjoyed it..id like to get a stretched out swingarm and run it and see what kind of times it would turn..have you ever ran your bike out there?

o and whered you get my name from?? another post or have i met you?

Edited by FlatTrackinIt55

yall gotta think about what the other bike was tho...cbr f3....i mean com'on those were the slowest 600 i have ever seen at least for a 600...yea it wouldve wooped up on a banshee but it takes a pretty good rider to get a good start and keep the front down on a street bike so that was probly his problem but still a banshe might just give him a run in the eighth mile anyway cus i am not kiddin when i say they were slow...if you dont believe me then ride a gixxer 600 or 636 ninja and then go ride that... you see what im talkin about...the difference would be similar to a blaster vs a shee....but they are both 600s so i wouldnt say that its bs cus those bike took awhile to get goin even with the most professional rider...

Over 100 MPH in first gear. Odd. I would have to watch it go by me, with a radar gun in my hand before I would believe that ANY street bike that is available to the general public off the showroom floor is crackin triple digits in first gear. :yank: Please, that gives it an estimated top speed of 240 MPH. I don't think some of y'all realize what you're firin out here. I'm not talkin about looking down at your speedo and tellin me whaty ou saw. Because every tom dick and harry thinks their snowmobile around here goes well over 100 MPH, and it just doesn't happen. Anyways, I have my doubts about the original post in here. It's possible, but not likely. And when I as running 1/8 mile tracks, I was topping out 3rd, and sometimes I would dabble fourth on my ZX-7RR. one tooth lower up front. And my bike would not crack even 80 in first. Even with stock gearing. And my shit was pretty hot. :shrugani:

Banchetta , you dropped over a second off of your 1/4 time and your top speed was still the same? Seems kind of odd since you aren't topped out. My times and top speed would always correlate. That would have to be one hell of a launch to run a 10 second 1/4 at 135 mph.

I was gaining it all in 60' and 330', from the 1/8 to the 1/4, my times were exact. I origianally only got 2.1's for 60' times, then got it down to 1.7's, then put the extended swingarm on and brought it down to 1.5's..everytime I lost a .1 in the 60' times, seemed like I'd also lose a .1 in the 330' time also, so I'd gain .2 total off my times..Your just getting better out of the hole. Hp will give you top speed, but your launch affects the ET's....Its awesome to see other rookies show up at the track running 11's w/ the same exact bike, then you line up and smoke them by over ten bikes lengths...they come running over and asking what I have done to it.....Its bone stock, you just have to learn how to launch it...they look at you like your an asshole... :shrugani:

Boon, these new superbikes are geared to do over 200mph (HP permitting minus any limiters), not sure about 240. There has been some tests where these bikes hit 100 in 1st. Which they should, my 929 redlines at 12,500rpm and I can hit 80 in 1st. These new superbikes don't redline till upwards of 13,750rpm plus their running 20 to 30 more ponies and possibly higher gearing. These bikes are putting out around 180hp at the crank with the assistance of the ram air affect at higher speeds so 100mph in 1st is definitely feasible and most likely possible. On my 929 in the 1/4 I could hit a 10.72 @ 135 passing the trap in 3rd gear with the tach in the red. These new bikes you can drop a second off that time and add about 15mph more through the trap. Really it's not the 100mph in 1st gear that's bad, it's the 180mph in 6th gear that's bad. :whoa:

I also have a buddy with a Huyabusa that has the throttle retard eliminator on it, otherwise it is stock. He it 199 on the radar on a mile long runway. Benefits of being a police officer in the same town. Though he had to get it up to a 199 and shut it down within a mile. He said he almost went off the end. :o