jetting rockets

8HONDO

anyone running rockets that ran them in the winter? what was your jetting? i am running stock carbs with a mild port and polish. currently running 320 on the main and a 35 pilot for ice. but i am switching to rockets and was wondering what the difference was in jetting?

huh,im in kinda in the same boat as you.im getting my jugs back,today and gonna put them on with a bunch of other goodies i got for cristmas.maybe someone can help us both out.mods are

28 mill mikunies

k&n clamp ons

v-force 2's

mx-woods port

21 cc domes

dyna ignition

sea level

30 degrees outside

just need a good starting point

Edited by superchicken

It does sound like you both should be pretty close. I would jet the 28mm Mikunis pretty close to what you would jet a stock carb. With a bigger carb the main jet size goes down. I bought a new set of Mikunis TM 34's and had to go 2 sizes smaller on the needle jet orafice, what they came with was way too rich, I don't know what the 28's come with they might be totally different. The main thing I can tell you is that rockets like a bigger main than most any other pipe out there. When I wen't from FMF's to rockets with no other changes on a stock port motor I went from 290's to 320's and it was pretty close, just a slight bit rich. I'd guess 340 or 350 for both of you mabe bigger if its colder than 50 degrees.

• 4 months later...

My set of rockets arrived today.

I'm going to try them with my current jetting:

25 pilots

Toomey needle on 5th clip

360 mains

K&N inbox filter with K&N powerlid on the box.

I'm @ sea level and currently running t5's.

I'll also be replacing my stock reedcages (boyeson dual stage petals) with a

vforce-2 set.

But 1 thing at a time. pipes first.

I have two 30 pilots availeble, but no richer mains.

:dance: 3 steps richer on the mains would get me near 400 main! are those even made?